STAFF PROMOTIONS -- DECKILLER & SHINAN

Pages: first 12 next last
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I am pleased to announce the addition of two members to the ranks of staff here at rpgmaker.net. Deckiller and Shinan have both been promoted from the userbase, and their primary focus will be on forum moderation for the near-term. In addition to being a regular RPG Maker busy-body, Deckiller has relevant experience as an administrator at Wikipedia (citation needed); Shinan is a long-term member who has submitted a lot of original content. Also, he's our token European.

The addition of two active moderators should allow for quicker response times to forum issues, allow for consistency, and ensure fairness in all situations. We are currently developing a user code of conduct to support this.

In addition, we have some subtractions! Karsuman has officially resigned from his administrator position, though he will remain a part of the rpgmaker.net family as our IRC founder. Don't let him off so easy; feel free to drop by #rpgmaker.net and give him a hard time. S. F. LaValle will also be stepping down as a global moderator, though he will stay on as a contributor.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Karsuman! Not in the administration!?
Ohh no, I am scared now! It's Shinan! :) Good job you two.
Congratulations. The site is really well maintained.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Thanks, guys - glad to be on the team!
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
What, S.F.Lavalle, the one and only geek on rmn, THE coder, I had great respect for him for that, too bad! (not that there aren't maybe hundreds of others? but never got a chance to see it.)
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Congrats Deckiller and Shinan! ^.^)b
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
(Of course, I won't ask THE fatal question : WHY did Karsuman and S.F. Lavalle resign.)
Deckiller and Shinan, we're counting on you : the creativity and overall life of a site is very affected by the know-how of its administrators, good luck!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=chana
(Of course, I won't ask THE fatal question : WHY did Karsuman and S.F. Lavalle resign.)
Deckiller and Shinan, we're counting on you : the creativity and overall life of a site is very affected by the know-how of its administrators, good luck!

We have some fun as well as some informative things cookin' right now, so stay tuned!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I was wondering what was happening with Karusman. Haven't heard a peep from him for a while. S. F. LaValle was slightly more active (I think?), but it's his choice to step down.

author=Deckiller
We have some fun as well as some informative things cookin' right now, so stay tuned!

What does this meeeean? An event? Articles that portray some of the cool blogs, media, or whatever else that's out there in RMN land? Something completely different? Only time will tell!
Deckiller and Shinan are both great members, and I have no doubts about them doing a good job. Something tells me a new RMN podcast may be on the horizon :P
Congrats guys! I'd wondered why you'd gone all green on us. Glad to see it wasn't because you were feeling sick. :P

If this joke falls flat I'd like to point out that it's 5am and I've had no sleep. ^.^;

Edited because I'd skipped a few words and forgot to mention how great you guys'll be at this job. Seriously. I think you'll both do well! ^.^
Hey its 5am too?

*Face rapes libertys profile*

Hey your Australian sweet. i didnt think there was many Australians on here

Oh yes, By the way, Congrats guys on becoming mods
author=sbester
Deckiller and Shinan are both great members, and I have no doubts about them doing a good job. Something tells me a new RMN podcast may be on the horizon :P

Don't get your hopes up!

I may be green but that don't mean I'm willing to put in the effort!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Shinan
author=sbester
Don't get your hopes up!

I may be green but that don't mean I'm willing to put in the effort!

80/20 rule? :p
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Good news! Congrats guys!
Don't screw this up, guys. cholbert will be watching you.
It's always nice to see a little staff shuffle. It means the site is still kept on top of and isn't headed up by a bunch of elitist moderators who rarely participate anymore, meanwhile refusing to promote more active members. Too much inactive overhead is usually how sites degrade. Especially when one or two of them have bad butthurt one day and go about abusing their admin powers to sabotage it.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Dyhalto
Don't screw this up, guys. cholbert will be watching you.
It's always nice to see a little staff shuffle. It means the site is still kept on top of and isn't headed up by a bunch of elitist moderators who rarely participate anymore, meanwhile refusing to promote more active members. Too much inactive overhead is usually how sites degrade. Especially when one or two of them have bad butthurt one day and go about abusing their admin powers to sabotage it.

We don't have to worry about that on RMN. I don't think it's ever been an issue.
Good luck to the new staff members!

I can understand moderating a site as active as this one can be pretty exhausting and sometimes frustrating, that's probably why Karsuman and SFL left. Good luck to them as well. :)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Bit late but congratulations dudes (also Karsuman/SFL whyyyyyyyyyyy)
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I will be AWOL for a bit due to a fried computer, so Shinan has the reins!
Pages: first 12 next last