MUAMMAR GADDAFI DEFEATED

author=benos
Why did my father die? I mean, he could of came and visited more.

benos is Saif al-Islam Gaddafi. Get him!
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
So Clichéd.
@Kingarthur
Righhht... lets summarize this.

Charlemagne- have you even readed it?????

Joan of Arc- yes, she was one of the more major victories for French, but she didnt last long.

William the Conqueror- yeah right, if you would dig deeper into history, you would see how very wrong you are and even counterproductive. For start William the Conqueror wasnt French, he was Norman. Normans were descendants of Norsemen, your good old vikings. And the funny part is, that Normans made many raids, even to good old France, conquering some of their territory, good old Normandy, they even conquered Sicily,part of middle east and later beloved England.

Countless medieval French knights-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt

Bonehead, you are unbelievable.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Really, what exactly IS your problem?
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Gah, stop that catfight already! Slam a cold drink and your problems are solved.
h0nk.
author=chana

Oh that's simple. He made an mistake of using generalization as a basis for his arguement, and is desperately trying to save his ego B)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
(hey, hi!)
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Charlemagne- have you even readed it?????
What? That he was pretty much the father of France? That he single-handedly united the Franks into a united, cohesive world power (in medieval terms)? That he and his knights (Sir Roland, most prominently) were legendary in their exploits? Yeah, I know enough to realize that he was one huge badass.

Joan of Arc- yes, she was one of the more major victories for French, but she didnt last long.
And her untimely death has what to do with this debate? She, a mere teenager, was appointed commander of the entire French military and kicked England out of France in what was pretty much a storm of curbstomp battles.

William the Conqueror- yeah right, if you would dig deeper into history, you would see how very wrong you are and even counterproductive. For start William the Conqueror wasnt French, he was Norman.
And Normandy was and is part of France. In fact, it was precisely because of William's Norman heritage that England and France ended up as rivals through out the Middle Ages. For all intents and purposes, William would be what we'd call today a Frenchman.

Countless medieval French knights-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Agincourt
One battle does not a reputation make. The French Knights were revered and feared for good reason and Henry's judicious use of the longbow and battlefield terrain unfavorable to heavy cavalry reaffirms the reputation that the French Knights held. If anything, Henry was justifiably afraid of what the French Knights could do unless he played his cards perfectly.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
author=Bonehead11
I meant it as joke, just look at the history of French military and don't count napoleon.

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but...

While the French performed rather poorly in the 2 world wars, they actually have a rather good military history if you average out the entire, very long lifespan of France. Up until the Franco-Prussian war where they began tasting ceaseless humiliation for the next 70 years, they were a force to be reckoned with. Being one of the first strong, centralized monarchies in Europe, they were pretty much the preeminent land military power for centuries.

EDIT: Jeeze, I guess it was thoroughly addressed already. :P :P :P

EDIT2: Gosh guys haven't you played Age Of Empires 2? Frankish knights are the shit!

yeah we could have used your help earlier, harm. this guy is as tenacious as a 14 year old hockey player /insidejoke
So I hear the Chinese are good at one thing : Getting their ass kicked by foreigners (but they can sure fuck up a internal enemy).
You guys are unbelievable...do you even READ what I write? Can you even read throughly wikipedia?? Are you too "smart" for generalization ????? Or you just cant do basic math defeats>victories ?? Of course France didn't lost every war,jeez like I want to write out every single battle in the course of French history. Next time use examples you know something about and don't cut out of context,like Kingarthur did with Norman example. And please research some history before you start debunking, for start Franks were germanic tribe.
Im out, its just waste of time.

author=chana
I just hate when someone is trying to convince me about something he doesn't know a shit about.
do you even listen to yourself, bonehead? With your logic, I can whisk away the French defeat against the Germans in WWII by arguing "well, they aren't really french because they are descendants of the Franks, which is a germanic tribe, therefore that loss doesn't count."
author=kentona
do you even listen to yourself, bonehead? With your logic, I can whisk away the French defeat against the Germans in WWII by arguing "well, they aren't really french because they are descendants of the Franks, which is a germanic tribe, therefore that loss doesn't count."

You are using a double edged sword my friend.
I am using your double-edge sword. Which is the point I was trying to make.
author=kentona
I am using your double-edge sword. Which is the point I was trying to make.
I never used double edged sword, I merely stated that French military isnt renowned for their successes, then other people started naming military successes of Franks...but according to your logic, real France exists since 1789, so victories and defeats pre 1789 wont count, so even more defeats and less victories ratio.

Ahh to hell with this, I am an idiot that I was driven into this. Bailing out.
In news related to the original topic, the Libyan interim government has announced it will be implementing Shariah Law.
Good job, NATO. One small step for a bunch of dirt eating savages, one giant leap backwards for mankind.

We let our politicians get off too easily for OKAYing this sort of shit.