PENTARTS.

Pages: first 1234 next last
I've recently been posting art elsewhere. WHY NOT IN HERE TOO? But the images are pretty big so I'll hide tag stuff.

Sooper secret game project 1:

All of the above can be found on my DA, but I have a pretty terrible DA.

Sooper secret game project 2:

Sooper secret game project 3:

And I also will get around to posting actual resources and stuff I've done that other people can do things with other than stare at. Just probably not in here.

And why did this post twice? TECHNOLOOOOOOGY!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
These are really nice! I especially enjoy the sunset, cave, and close up eye shots.
You should make a digital painting tutorial, I'm sure we'd love to see the method to your madskill.
Why thank you! I've considered making some kind of art-related tutorial before, but my working methods usually boil down to

Of course, plenty of far more talented people have written about digital painting! Definitely one of the main ways I learned.

And oh wow I'm slow. Front-page publicity? Unexpected, but quite flattering!
Wikked. Love the one with the lizard and the shrooms.

Should look great on my desktop.
I love all the pics specially the one with the naked chick, the first one.
My favorite pics were *insert name of all these pictures here*, especially*insert first and last picture names here*
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Oh man, I love your enviroments. I can't draw enviroments to save my ass. You've got a lot more patience than I do =3=''

I especially love that scary monster face and that scared eyeball with the blood on the cheek. I do love me some bloody gorey stuff.
author=Bandito
I love all the pics specially the one with the naked chick, the first one.

One of my friends said this was the most honest thing they read all day. I am inclined to agree.

Also tossing out a general thanks for all the compliments, ah-haha. Really, it is unexpected and flattering!

author=SorceressKyrsty
Oh man, I love your enviroments. I can't draw enviroments to save my ass. You've got a lot more patience than I do =3=''

I especially love that scary monster face and that scared eyeball with the blood on the cheek. I do love me some bloody gorey stuff.

OTL Yeah it gets really tedious, I don't usually do digital landscapes because of this! I prefer working in watercolors for them, too.

I figure I might as well post some other things, while I'm at it!

I mentioned watercolors... definitely my favorite traditional media! I didn't think this picture out very well, though. Person on the bottom looks like they're chillin' with a towel over them, ah-haha. I have a .gif of progress, too, since I scanned this a bunch for Jalen.

I have yet to get around to finishing this! Things sure look weird at that in-between-WIP-y stage.

I have a bunch of landscapes likes these, too, but I rarely post them. They're too big to fit in my scanner, so I gotta get ahold of a camera, and they're from workshops where a class paints the same picture. OTL NOT TERRIBLY ORIGINAL.

Here, a couple other traditional things, too! There's a lot of art sitting around my computer.

Man, these are truly Pentastic! xD My favorites are the ones from your secret project number 1, those seem to be the more detailed of the bunch. Your traditional art is pretty good too... unlike you, I hate watercolors! I find it too difficult not to mess the colors or the paper; so kudos for not sucking at it like me. Heh;

Out of curiosity, how long do you take to finish a digital painting in average? And, what was your deviantArt again?
Yes, for that game in particular I was being dumb and thought I could like, make paintings and stuff for important scenes/locations, so I put in some extra elbow grease for a couple things. I still draw a lot of things for it despite not working on said project for now; I started this yesterday for fun, but it's currently sitting in the unfinished WIP pile because how do I background OTL And I have so many other things I need to get drawing, anyways!

If I'm doing a portrait or something smaller, around 4-6 hours from lines to being done. But sometimes I am ridiculously fast and pound out crazy complex stuff in like... 2 hours if I am feeling INSPIRED~ but ah-haha when does that ever happen?

The longest stretch of time I've worked on something is that one pic with the naked hugging and the tentacles. I did that over a period of 2 weeks, but it wasn't like I worked on it all the time - I'd do something, sit around a long time, do a little more, rinse and repeat, so I can't give an accurate estimate of how long it took.

I will confess that my username here is my username everywhere, though there's really nothing of interest on my DA. I put more art on my silly photobucket account.

In between all the other stuff I'm doing lately I have been stealing time to work on this a bit more. It will probably look like this for a while because man I got things to do OTL But it is nice to occasionally take a break for personal art that is nothing but practice and tentacles!
Could use some improvements on the anatomy and proportions.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
author=murray

Implying that it's human. None are. The anatomy is good enough. Proportions, maybe.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
That ocean/wave painting. Just, wow.
author=murray

This is pretty vague and unhelpful! I appreciate the comment, but on what? Thiamor already pointed it out a bit, but the above pic has parts that should look human (snakeman in middle), parts that shouldn't (tentacle beast), and parts that are super rough and unfinished(just about anything in the bottom/lower left).

author=Thiamor
Implying that it's human. None are. The anatomy is good enough. Proportions, maybe.

This is also pretty vague and unhelpful, but slightly less so!

author=Dudesoft
That ocean/wave painting. Just, wow.

Thanks!
I wanted to wait until I had something more to show for the above pic but am going through a stretch of time without being able to work on it, so I am just dropping a mucho thank you for the crit! Even the abbreviated re-type is super helpful.
Pages: first 1234 next last