SEEKING CHARACTER ARTIST FOR VN PROJECT...! (PAID)

Pages: 1
Hey,

I'm currently working on a visual novel project (Project Snowbound, no real name for now) and I'm looking to commission/recruit/work with/hire someone to cover the artistic side of things. (I have writing/programming covered, possibly music as well.) Most of the work would be making character portraits. If you're interested in background art or CG, that's a plus. There's about a dozen characters total, and none of them have any sort of physical description or character art. I'd really love to have someone talented in character design.

Right now the game's about halfway written and halfway creatively matured. Characters are set and scenario is pretty well-planned, and there's an 80,000 word script so far, but there's still a lot open. I have no visual style in mind, and I'd also be glad to have someone to bounce ideas off for a few finer story points. Ideally, I would been making this topic at the very beginning of the project, but somehow, it never really happened... Current status and story/character material can be found here: http://www.wombatrpgs.net/snowbound.php. If you need a writing sample, there's always The LCPANES Terminal.

As for compensation... I'm expecting to probably just pay up front per portrait, but there are a lot of options. If all goes well, there will be a paid mobile release and royalties should be expected. If I were recruiting a year ago, I probably would've just put up 50/50 revenue no commission, but at this point I realize that's not very feasible. What I'd really want is a partner in the project more than a hired hand, with the possibility of working on future projects. I'm very particular about actually completing games (check my profile) and this project /will/ be finished. If you're interested, it shouldn't be too hard to work out payment specifics.

Anyway, if you'd be interested, post, send me a PM, or hop on IRC or something. (I'll probably be reposting this in a couple other places, but I figure I'd try RMN first; it's nice knowing people)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
You should include what dimensions or style you're looking for, resolution, amount of work, etc.
I bet I could get my teacher to do it...will you take an ACTUAL portrait? Or does it HAVE to be done on a computer.
author=Dudesoft
You should include what dimensions or style you're looking for, resolution,

author=psy_wombats
there's still a lot open. I have no visual style in mind

author=Dudesoft
amount of work, etc.

author=psy_wombats
Most of the work would be making character portraits. If you're interested in background art or CG, that's a plus. There's about a dozen characters total

Sorry if this is really vague, but I've got nothing from an artistic standpoint, both in terms of visual style and character design. For some styles, things like BG would be necessary, others not so much, so there's a lot of variance. Ideally, whoever's working on this would help develop the visual style for the work based on what they're comfortable with and their opinions on what content there already is.

Actually, is that unreasonable to request? I'm really not sure what percentage of an illustrator's work is design and what percentage is execution. ...sorry if I'm being clueless about this.
I'd be interested. Most of my projects only have me as a writer primarily so that leaves me open to do more artworks. I can make a style to fit depending on what you need. I am more experienced with coloring than drawing but have been hired for both before. I can do some environment work but I am not as skilled there as I am in character concepts. Well here are a few samples of my work.

I love the first and your second to last pic best! ^_^
Look up people on Deviant Art for paid commissions.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'll be glad to help out if you need some. I know you know my kind of thing, but just to make it a more official application:

SHEEZY GALLERY

I appologise if some of these are a tad big for the forum scale - email me here or at my regular address if you'd like some help.
People still use SheezyArt...?

Anyway, I would go to dA, like ShortStar said...
I use Sheezy from work - I find Devart annoying when you're in a rush.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
If you know what you're doing, DeviantArt can be as fast as any other Art site.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
dunno why wombat hasn't bothered to say yet but this position was filled a while ago
Pages: 1