NATIONAL GAME DEVELOPMENT MONTH

Pages: first prev 123 next last
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Someone posted on rpgmaker.net about an unofficial event that amounts to "make some games, you make your own rules and details about how and why"

and you are asking if you're allowed to use rpg maker

there are no words
author=LockeZ
Someone posted on rpgmaker.net about an unofficial event that amounts to "make some games, you make your own rules and details about how and why"

there are no words

wrong:

I'm twelve years old and what is this?
Sure, you can totally use RPG Maker. Any activity is fine as long as it's at least loosely related to game development and you're actually producing something.
I bet most of the people here already spend about 3x as much time on their game than the goal you set.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Right, and for those who don't make games, 2 hrs a day during a whole month is way too much (considering they would have the time to do so), 1/2 an hour seems a good length of time to motivate them. In other words, I don't think this makes too much sense, but that's just my opinion.
author=LockeZ

there are no words
it said something about progrmamming and I was thinking scripting, and since I have 2k/2k3, you can't script there so I asked the question o.k.?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Well, AABattery, that's fine, but some people could use the extra motivation, and you can set your own goal if 60 hours is too low. This isn't really targeted at the people who are already very productive on their games, so feel free to ignore it if it's not something you'd benefit from!

@chana: Two hours a day isn't really that much if you're determined to make time for it. But if it's honestly too much, you can just set a lower goal for yourself. Several people are doing that.

Regardless, we've got about 20 people participating so far, so I guess some people find it beneficial. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine too.
I plan on participating, but I am having trouble finding the motivation to start it and start posting about it. I need a National Getting Started On National Game Development Month (NaGeStOnNaGaDeMo) event to get me going
Well, if you want, you can make a thread and we can yell at you until you start making stuff.
author=kentona
I plan on participating, but I am having trouble finding the motivation to start it and start posting about it. I need a National Getting Started On National Game Development Month (NaGeStOnNaGaDeMo) event to get me going

Hero's Realm 2?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I did this several months this year. It's just a shame none of them happened to be november.

The one caveat is that nothing you're required to do, for example schoolwork or a job, counts.

So by definition, "real" game designers can't participate in NaGaDeMo NAGADEMO NAGADEMO NAGADEMO NAGA DEMO (i want to make a game about nagas so I can make a demo of it)?

Interesting.
If you're making a commercial game and don't have someone else setting your deadline, you can work on it for this. The thing is, a lot of people in the RM community are studying game design in school and have to do a lot of game-making anyway, and it wouldn't be fair to everyone else if that counted. The idea of inventing fake goals is to motivate you to stop being lazy and get some work done, and if you already have deadlines, it's not necessary.
Quick question since this sort of thing perked my interest:

*Is posting progress of NaGaDeMo allowed on game pages of this site or just the forums?
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Guess it's time to dust off FPSC and get something done I guess..
author=DBAce9Aura
Quick question since this sort of thing perked my interest:

*Is posting progress of NaGaDeMo allowed on game pages of this site or just the forums?
Feel free to post on your gameprofiles/blogs, if you like.
Gibmaker
I hate RPG Maker because of what it has done to me
Hahaha I put my game aside for Nanowrimo. Perhaps Nagadevmo could be another month?
author=Gibmaker
Hahaha I put my game aside for Nanowrimo. Perhaps Nagadevmo could be another month?
yes, please, I have alot of other stuff to do, and can't get to this right now, let alone, being able to make a game, which I would REALLY want to do!
Pages: first prev 123 next last