FROST IN NOVEMBER TO HOLD A DUCK, THE REST OF THE WINTER IS STATS AND MUCK

Pages: first prev 12 last
If we review more games, everybody wins!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
calunio
I have over 30 reviews, maybe it's that. :)
They're worth more on RMN4, right?

I mean, you could have just checked your submissions instead of sharing that. (They're worth 50 MS now.)
author=kentona
An unrated completed game will net you minimum 33 makerscore. This is 3 more than articles and scripts. That's with a download, a gameprofile, and the mandatory 3 images. But yeah, once you get a review, your makerscore awarded skyrockets. (Also, you get makerscore for adding images and blogs and game pages).

Games account for the bulk of my makerscore.

I believe reviews are worth 50 now, aren't they?

Score for a game does go up pretty fast with a review, a 3 star review is 10x the Makerscore, around 330 or so I believe.

But if you really want to farm MS, reviews are a much more stable way to do so. (Scripts would be pretty good, but I imagine you'd run out of ideas pretty fast.)

Forgive me if the review score is still 30, I don't actually have a review to my name to check against, but I thought it was 50 with the semi-recent update! (Craze's reply also makes me think I'm on the right track with this understanding.)
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I SHOULD WRITE A REVIEW EVERY TUESDAY.

(i will fail)
author=Anaryu
author=kentona
An unrated completed game will net you minimum 33 makerscore. This is 3 more than articles and scripts. That's with a download, a gameprofile, and the mandatory 3 images. But yeah, once you get a review, your makerscore awarded skyrockets. (Also, you get makerscore for adding images and blogs and game pages).

Games account for the bulk of my makerscore.
I believe reviews are worth 50 now, aren't they?

Score for a game does go up pretty fast with a review, a 3 star review is 10x the Makerscore, around 330 or so I believe.

But if you really want to farm MS, reviews are a much more stable way to do so. (Scripts would be pretty good, but I imagine you'd run out of ideas pretty fast.)

Forgive me if the review score is still 30, I don't actually have a review to my name to check against, but I thought it was 50 with the semi-recent update! (Craze's reply also makes me think I'm on the right track with this understanding.)
Yep, they're 50 now.

Also, while 33 is the bare minimum for a completed game, it is more common to see a gameprofile with a handful of blogs, 8+ images, a couple of gamepages, etc... So, it doesn't take much for someone to get more than 50 MS for a game.

(Also also, the disproportionately high MS for reviews is intentional. Write more reviews everyone!)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If I play a game, I'd rather do a Let's Try video than a review. It's roughly one hundred billion times more helpful. As a result I will probably never have infinite makerscore, oh well!

It's true that, in terms of time investment, making games is absolutely the worst possible way to get makerscore. Everything else gives a few makerscore per hour of work; games give closer to one makerscore per twenty or thirty hours of work.
author=LockeZ
It's true that, in terms of time investment, making games is absolutely the worst possible way to get makerscore.

Yeah, that kinda sucks considering that making games (especially the full version ones) are a lot harder and more time consuming than writing reviews or submitting media... Oh well, this site could use more reviews.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
I think you guys are failing to note that many people here are already making games, and as kentona note there are ways to buff your initial game makerscore beyond its original worth fairly easily. In a sense, you are getting makerscore for something you would be doing already. However, the last four years have proven only a small handful of people want to do reviews, so now that activity has more incentives.

author=Brent
Yeah, that kinda sucks considering that making games (especially the full version ones) are a lot harder and more time consuming than writing reviews or submitting media... Oh well, this site could use more reviews.

You would have more makerscore if you didn't have four accounts to spread it across.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
THAT'S RIGHT, MOTHER FUCKERS. STILL #1!

(I cheated, of course)
author=WIP
THAT'S RIGHT, MOTHER FUCKERS. STILL #1!

(I cheated, of course)
I'm going to get you next time, WIP! NEXT TIME!

*flies off in car that changes into a jet*
The prize to reviews is nice. I mean, the're paying for the most important thing in the community, that is feedback.
It's not about making a game to get score, it's making a score to get attention in our games (or something like that).

At least I think so.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I only need thrice as much images as I have now and I will have the most!
Pages: first prev 12 last