WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? (GAME DEVELOPMENT EDITION)

I've always wanted to do this; make a topic where people can just fire off whatever they're thinking, doing, considering doing, considering thinking, spittin rhymes, character ideas, sounding off ideas, whatever whatever related to game development. Have you ever had a thought, or wanted to ask a question that that quite didn't warrant a whole topic/blog, or just to get some on/off light freeflow discussion going? This is the spot.

I'd like to put out here that this shouldn't undermine good old topics and blog posts for the big fish of whatever's going on in your project. If you want to put on the big boy pants and want to talk about something major, make a topic or blog about it! But for little stream of consciousness stuff? This is a good place for it.
I'm thinking about making an RPGmaker game based on episodes of Star Trek: TNG
Isn't this what the "Watchu working on" and "Welp advice corner" threads are for? It's good to have it all in one place, I guess...

Anyway, I'm thinking about making a late entry to the Valedictory Game Drive Contest, about a (rad) lost dog that must find its way home. I have the story all thought out but I don't know what to do with the gameplay. I don't want to make just a dumb platformer and I lack the brains to make good puzzles... I guess the most fitting genre would be a graphic adventure, but dogs being unable to talk or fully interact with their surroundings would make that, rather difficult. xP
I have one project on the backburner (Generica; TNG), and two (or more?) projects on the bubble.

One is a collaborative project but using my Generica games as a base "engine". Liberty and Deckiller (and recently Dudesoft) have expressed interest. Anyone remember Missiongarde? (Where I offered to make a game with heavy community input?) Kind of like that. Generica is a traditional RPG using Dragon Warrior NES rips. It is incredibly easy to work with so I am hoping that translates well into a collaborative project.

The other is a new game that Despite approached me about. He wanted to make a game where he could sprite some awesome stuffs. I came up with a high level plot idea, but it's kind of died...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
MOG, I like the idea of this topic.

I'm thinking about the Dark Brotherhood of Oblivion and how much I love them as a family. I can't continue the quest line because (game is five years old, but SPOILER ALERT:) you kill them all, and I don't want that. They're just so... so great. I want to make a fangame of them someday.

I'd also like to figure out a good way to manage equipment (or to decide to eschew equipment altogether) in a game with a large party; my definition of a "large" party is if the total character amount is more than twice the size of the in-battle party. FFX and Xenosaga 3 just lowered the amount of equipment slots; you still had plenty of customization but didn't have to micro-manage. They also had weapons and armor unique to each character. I'm thinking more in terms of 12-16 person parties, but... hmm.
The Runic Cipher project I was writing for is dead. I always have lingering thoughts about picking it up, titling it "Final Fantasy : Runic Cipher" so I can use the FF mythos, and continuing it.

But the main idea I'm dedicated to, after my current Sim RPGMaker95 TRPG, is a RM2k3 jRPG using a custom menu/battle system stealing a lot from Romancing SaGa 3, and playing the story out in a branching Phantasy Star III 3-generations way.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I approve of this thread.

Hey, Craze is back!

They're just so... so great. I want to make a fangame of them someday.

They are horrific conscienceless killers and for the most part ALSO DOUCHEBAGS. I'm not saying they're totally without sympathetic characters/qualities, but what's to love? They get their jollies laughing about MURDERING FIVE YEAR OLD GIRLS AT THEIR BIRTHDAY PARTIES. The only one I felt REALLY bad about having to kill is lil' Schemer. D'aww.

I will agree that the orc heavy (can't remember his name) is frakking hilarious.
I've been thinking of adding a bit more to my game JailBreakOut so it's not so short, as well as a game-play element for certain places to travel there.
Meanwhile, I may need some people to help me with my other game,"Infinity", because I was banned almost immediately as I was getting help from someone, and I don't even think he remembers anything about us working together anymore! V_V
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=Link_2112
I'm thinking about making an RPGmaker game based on episodes of Star Trek: TNG

This would be a good idea.

I am thinking about whether or not I should add slime racing to Stonesearch.
I'm thinking of making a game like Ultimate Alliance but in RMVX, where you can choose from like 40 different marvel characters for your party.
Craze
Max McGee
I approve of this thread.

Hey, Craze is back!

They're just so... so great. I want to make a fangame of them someday.

They are horrific conscienceless killers and for the most part ALSO DOUCHEBAGS. I'm not saying they're totally without sympathetic characters/qualities, but what's to love? They get their jollies laughing about MURDERING FIVE YEAR OLD GIRLS AT THEIR BIRTHDAY PARTIES. The only one I felt REALLY bad about having to kill is lil' Schemer. D'aww.

I will agree that the orc heavy (can't remember his name) is frakking hilarious.

They're a family. Also, his name is Gongoorngagogaaaggg.
Max McGee
The Manson family was a family.
I'm thinking about my puzzle game idea quite a bit lately. It would be so easy to make, I'm just so busy with other projects atm.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I wonder how hard it would be to make a turn-based single-player version of the World of Warcraft dungeons in RPG Maker. That would be so rad.

I think it would be like five years of work though. And I'd quit after two months because I'd realize I have to make my own graphics.
Max McGee
Boss battles.
Craze
LockeZ
I wonder how hard it would be to make a turn-based single-player version of the World of Warcraft dungeons in RPG Maker. That would be so rad.

I think it would be like five years of work though. And I'd quit after two months because I'd realize I have to make my own graphics.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/1410/
Just realizing that I'm gonna be making a whole lot of skills/abilities/talents on the count that I'm not using traditional character levels and experience points for character progression.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Craze
LockeZ

This is a pretty fun game. What does it have to do with the above post? You quit because of anxiety over doing the graphics?
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
What I'm going to do for secret gam's weapon system. Since I'm already using a Synthesis system for another component of the game I'll just intergrate it with that, I think. I'm gonna write some notes down in the doc and discuss with Deckiller and NewBlack.
Craze
LockeZ
Craze
LockeZ

This is a pretty fun game. What does it have to do with the above post? You quit because of anxiety over doing the graphics?

It's a game about doing WoW's turn-based, single-player raids.