WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? (GAME DEVELOPMENT EDITION)

i'm thinking about how to make a cooking system work... in 2003.
do i make the recipes call a common event? do i make them only usable when next to an oven or similar cooking appliance?? why did i think this was a good idea????
author=Sated
Do you want the recipes to be items that you use through the normal menu?

yeah but different recipes need different amounts of ingredients like:
you can't eat an egg raw but if you cook it by itself, you can make the Boiled Egg recipe. if you cook it with cheese, you can make Cheese Omelette and if you cook it with milk and flour, you can make Pancakes. maybe i should make it like Tales Of/Symphonia and make it cookable through the menu. a recipe item calls its common event script, conditional branch checks for required ingredients, etc but i don't really want to make a common event for each (25) recipe.
author=Sated
snip

somewhat, yes, but i'm really lazy when it comes to stuff like that (since...i never do stuff like this)
cooking isn't number one priority right now, i'll figure out something easy/efficient for me soon.
Fantasy horror game with magic = benefit/risk system, yuri game in which you play as a Kotobuki Tsumugi and match people up, game in which you just explore/live/invent in a large fantasy world, a game in which the player plays as a summoned demon and continually improves their skills and weapons in an ABS, goth loli detective in a mansion set in an eldritch location with several other detective people made to solve mysteries for the amusement of it's head denizen Mr. Slate scary things happening all around and a deeper mystery than just the main presented mysteries.

That's the main ones I've got floating around with any amount of progress. That use RPGMaker VX ACE, anyways.
I found a really simple to use enemy capture system, now I want to make an RPG based around it >_>
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=LightningLord2
I found a really simple to use enemy capture system, now I want to make an RPG based around it >_>
This happened to me with Victor Sant's platforming script. Ultimately as one might guess Victor Sant is kind of a cunt and his scripts aren't incredibly good, and trying to get him to fix them is like contending with a version of me with no self-awareness.

And so Cat Astrophe went nowhere.

I'm now sorta working on a progression Sandbox in RPG mak VXACEru.

But essentially I'm mostly thinking on how to proceed with P:A, beyond refining the writing a lot.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Oddly enough, I'm finding myself going through the motions that Shizu might do for her own research. I basically have two questions: how possible is it to make it look like a person shot a fireball and how possible is it to make a wall of light? I figure if there's an answer anywhere, it lies in special effects.

I technically have a the third question (how possible is it to make it look like a fireball dissipates on a wall of light), but the first two questions, obviously, have higher priority.
Just noticed that while I've made quite a multi-national cast so far, and avoided stereotypes...the first person from the UK I've made is an aristocratic magus...hmm.
BizarreMonkey
Well the UK has a lot of different stereotypes, too.

I've thought about it for longer than I care to recall, and I've decided that I'm going to cease production of P:A in RPGmaker.

It just lags too badly, no matter what I do, I'm going to start using Game Maker Studio (which I legally own yee) and make it there.

This will yeah, delay it's release. But it'll be done properly. Proper controller support, a more valid quick select, mouse integration, high resolution support, I can make chase scenes more fair, this is before I even go into particles and all that.

Edit: After some discussion with my CCC fellows, we ultimately decided that Unity2D would be the wise choice.
author=Marrend
Oddly enough, I'm finding myself going through the motions that Shizu might do for her own research. I basically have two questions: how possible is it to make it look like a person shot a fireball and how possible is it to make a wall of light? I figure if there's an answer anywhere, it lies in special effects.

I technically have a the third question (how possible is it to make it look like a fireball dissipates on a wall of light), but the first two questions, obviously, have higher priority.

The best way to do it is drawing a fireball flying and dissolving/colliding and a wall of light. You then use the animation elements in a battle animation, making the fireball break at the wall of light, then play the battle animation on the map. Works in RPG Maker 2000, 2003, XP, VX and VX Ace.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Uh, I meant in real life?

Though, to be fair, the event has a pillar of fire appear (not so much somebody throwing a fireball), then the wall of light, so, my research angle probably needs to be elsewhere.
author=Marrend
Uh, I meant in real life?

Though, to be fair, the event has a pillar of fire appear (not so much somebody throwing a fireball), then the wall of light, so, my research angle probably needs to be elsewhere.

Probably with some camera tricks - you'd need some kind of mini-flamethrower hidden under your hand and shoot at a solid wall, then edit the footage so it looks like the wall is made of light (maybe shooting at a glass wall?)
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Life, Gammak, These two fellas in awkward white fedora are strange. They certainly move in mysterious ways.
I finally have all the resources I wanted for my Ace (DS packs, Luna...) and I probably won't ever use them. I may not use Ace at all. There will be MV with its multiple platforms and JavaScript. These two features probably move RPG Maker towards the commercial district (It already has a massive community). Learning Ruby now is nonsense.
I don't want to move to an RV. I will probably turn towards 20xx and other engines. I wanna use my Stencyl license. I got Game Maker. I'm comfortable with 2k and 2k3. I'm trying to enhance my graphic skills by doing custom assets..
It's strange.
There are projects I wanna finish in Ace. Chain of Love and Mace Blue in particular. As for Mace, I'm not using any other assets than mine and minimum of scripts. Chain is a different story, but it can change before I will get back to it if ever.
I'm not sure whether this belongs here, I just needed to write my doubts down.
BizarreMonkey
Me and my colleague had way too much fun designing shit in Excel format
http://imgur.com/a/f3lEu#2
You can check out the full read-only document if you want.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1670UssqdCwW2arUBAQxJ7q0Lu61hhhO1tcgyHyHJGs0/edit?usp=sharing
unity
You're magical to me.
You know you're getting close to being done when you've finished all the equipment for your game. Ah, such a nice feeling ^_^
unity
You're magical to me.
Yes. It was a joke.

Or, possibly, different people have different methods of Gam Mak.