WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? (GAME DEVELOPMENT EDITION)

I'm working on some finer points/making some small changes to the story of the second project I'm working on. The main character is a templar for The Creed, one of the six main religions in the game, and his sister is a central pillar of the same religion. The roles of the main character and his sister mirror the roles of the two legendary figures that founded The Creed. The thing is the two founders were lovers, not siblings. Should I keep them as siblings or change it around so it doesn't come across as really weird?
The thing is the two founders were lovers, not siblings. Should I keep them as siblings or change it around so it doesn't come across as really weird?

Keep. I would advise you to make it even more incestuous if I didn't think that would run you the risk of idiots thinking you were ripping off Game of Thrones. But yeah, keep it vaguely indirectly incestuous for now. Taboos are interesting.

Ye gods, how come I can't find a decent VX Ace more-or-less RTP style sprite of a nurse anywhere? C'mon! I know how the Japanese are with their nurse fixation.
With the size of the RMVXA sprites you could try making your own, take an existing sprite that vaguely resembles a nurse and make a few edits. I'm sure if you post your work on here everyone will give you pointers on how to improve.
Gretgor
Having gotten my first 4/5, I must now work hard to obtain... my second 4/5.
Deciding the kind of crazy stuff that goes on in a seaside dance club when certain conditions are met. The idea is to have a Psychonauts-esque cerebral adventure inside said dance club, with some harsh lows and crazy highs, but somehow translate that into gameplay as well. Not supposed to be too long, but long enough to justify one of the game's greatest rewards.

This will be a pain in the butt. What kind of stuff do people even do in dance clubs? I've never been to one.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

you ever just sit back and go

'yeah this is the peak of my craft'
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
999% chance of sleep? How much alprazolam did you cram in those potatoes?

It's encouraging to know that my game is synonymous with bugs in the Luna Engine.
author=Craze

i like how eating those potatoes has about the same mechanical effect i might assign to a lengthy hospital stay
@Stormcrow
Only if it drives you to bankruptcy.
Gretgor
Sometimes I think of the Dunning Kruger effect, and that paralyzes me to the point where I stop working on my game. Whenever I remember the Dunning Kruger effect is a thing, I start to question whether my game ideas and my design choices are actually good or if I only think they're good because I'm unable to tell they're bad, and that paralyzes me.

Sure, the possibility that my work is complete crap exists, and not only does it exist, it is very likely judging from the awfulness of the two games I have posted here, but still, one might say that it's better to output a terrible game than to output no game at all. Would you guys agree with this sentiment? Also, does any of you also fear that you're not as good as you think you are?

Sometimes I'm afraid people don't answer my requests for feedback because the stuff I make is so obviously bad to anyone that's not me that they simply feel it's not worthwhile to respond. But people, please, if that's the case, I'd like to actually be told so.
Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
author=Gretgor
Sometimes I think of the Dunning Kruger effect, and that paralyzes me to the point where I stop working on my game. Whenever I remember the Dunning Kruger effect is a thing, I start to question whether my game ideas and my design choices are actually good or if I only think they're good because I'm unable to tell they're bad, and that paralyzes me.

Sure, the possibility that my work is complete crap exists, and not only does it exist, it is very likely judging from the awfulness of the two games I have posted here, but still, one might say that it's better to output a terrible game than to output no game at all. Would you guys agree with this sentiment? Also, does any of you also fear that you're not as good as you think you are?

Sometimes I'm afraid people don't answer my requests for feedback because the stuff I make is so obviously bad to anyone that's not me that they simply feel it's not worthwhile to respond. But people, please, if that's the case, I'd like to actually be told so.

Not quite sure what exactly you're working on right now, but if it makes you feel any better, by sheer coincidence I just finished and submitted a review for Kiddos Puzzcade.
author=Gretgor

I think self doubt is a hallmark of creative people in general. The feedback I get in my writer's group is generally positive and every time I read I think "Well they're obviously full of it, because this is garbage!"
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Nah, most ideas do suck, even when people compliment them.

Just because your game sucks doesn't mean some people won't enjoy it though. I can't even count the number of AAA games I've played that absolutely sucked sweaty horse balls. Some of which I enjoyed anyway, despite the fact that they were objectively immensely flawed. I mean I would have enjoyed them more if they weren't immensely flawed, but there are probably only a few dozen games ever made that aren't immensely flawed.

Don't be paralyzed, just try to be better.
Currently building player customized housing as an option in my FES game because apparently I like self imposed challenges that result in a product virtually no one will ever experience. :P

Also, I'd argue (weakly) that there are few truly terrible ideas. Just terrible implementation. But the conclusion I have to that is the same as LockeZ, "don't be paralyzed, just try to be better."
I'd play it if I had a 3DS!

Right now I'm thinking about space travel in a jRPG. And space combat...
Gretgor
author=LockeZ
Nah, most ideas do suck, even when people compliment them.

Just because your game sucks doesn't mean some people won't enjoy it though. I can't even count the number of AAA games I've played that absolutely sucked sweaty horse balls. Some of which I enjoyed anyway, despite the fact that they were objectively immensely flawed. I mean I would have enjoyed them more if they weren't immensely flawed, but there are probably only a few dozen games ever made that aren't immensely flawed.

Don't be paralyzed, just try to be better.

So you're of the school of thought that I should strive to make a good game, but still submit it even if it turns out to be not so good? I think I can do that! :D

I mean, unless I misunderstood you, in which case, I'm ashamed of myself.
author=Bluefeathr42

Heh, I hear that a lot. I'm starting to think I seriously underestimated the popularity of the system. :P
author=Daria
author=Bluefeathr42
Heh, I hear that a lot. I'm starting to think I seriously underestimated the popularity of the system. :P

And I remember last year on the RPG Maker reddit someone was complaining about not being able to sell FES games...
author=Bluefeathr42
author=Daria
author=Bluefeathr42
And I remember last year on the RPG Maker reddit someone was complaining about not being able to sell FES games...

Derp. I meant overestimated. But yeah that's
Crazy. No one would buy them. It is a shame though there's not a way to port the games to PC tho.
author=Craze

Po-ta-toes.

Boil 'em, Mash 'em, Stick 'em in a stew.

Reading about different measurements for liquids because I am researching how much fuel this cyborg girl's integral flamethrower will consume and I need to decide on a unit for ammo in stores.

I found this image, obviously designed for small children, delightfully helpful: