ARISE, KENTONIMUS PRIME

Pages: first 1234 next last
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.

Do not grieve. Soon I will be one with the Matrix... but one day an Autobot will rise from our ranks and use the power of the Matrix to light our darkest hour.

In all seriousness, when I reassumed command of rpgmaker.net last March, I had no illusion that I would hold that role indefinitely. What I did want to accomplish, specifically, was to ensure that rpgmaker.net would be saved from the abyss and that it would become a self-sustaining site. With your help both were accomplished.

I had originally intended to hold on to my role as administrator until next March to give the community some sense of stability -- something that many thought it had lacked through the turmoil through the near closing and the bickering that preceded it. While I've had my own share of turmoil, I maintain that rpgmaker.net is in an enormously better place now than it was ten months ago by almost every objective metric -- and most subjective ones as well. In fact, I feel it is on such solid ground that I can now safely remove myself early.

I felt the need to expedite this process due to a fairly big promotion at work recently that will not only give me enormous new responsibilities, but also a long commute for the time being. I also recently started graduate school, and honestly there is only so much time in my day. It would not be fair to rpgmaker.net to continue to be an absent administrator, especially when one so able is readily available and willing.

So that Autobot is kentona.

One of my first decisions when I came back to rpgmaker.net was to reinstate kentona as an administrator. He has been a tireless advocate for our site since its inception, and I know no one who cares more about the community we have created here. Since returning in March kentona has also proven himself, along with ankylo, capable of manipulating the inner workings of the beast to bring about tangible coding changes to the physical site resulting in RMN4. In many senses, he is rpgmaker.net to the community.

And now he runs rpgmaker.net. I changed our avatars a couple of weeks ago to hint at such, and now it is official. My resignation is effective immediately.

'til the day when all are one...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I like how one of your final acts was to ban me.

(bye)

(have fun at Wal*Mart)
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Does this mean Magi was Starscream?

All hail to our new kentonian overlord.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Solitayre
All hail to our new kentonian overlord.

For as it was written in the beginning, it shall never be uppercase. kentonianism, ho!
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Thanks for all you've done for the site. Hope all goes well in your future endeavors!
Good luck, holb! Keep on rockin'.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Although I'm sad to ever see anyone leave, kentona is a great choice for the new administrator.

Welcome to top-level administration, kentona. Contribute lots!
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
what's diz aboot?
ONOZ RMN IS DYING FUCK PANIC

oh kentona's still gonna be around

okay

that works then

Have fun at your new job, Holbert!
Good luck with rl, holbert. You can rest with a good conscious. YOU'VE DONE A GREAT JOB!

On a side note: It's the kenton-age! A new beginning for RMN!
Good luck and thanks for the rescue back in March... but... who will pay the bill for RMN now?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I always appreciated your interventions, rare, calm and decisive, enjoy it all, the graduation, the job, and the rest..

"Le roi est mort, Vive le roi!" : vive kentona!
But Prime, I'm - I'm just a soldier. I - I'm not worthy.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
Goodbye holb, welcome admin kentona.
Good luck, holb. Thanks helping save the site from certain destruction.

Someone should write a bio on kentona's slow rise to power. I remember when he used to be nothing more than a regular user welcoming me to the site....but that time has long since past.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Congratulations and best of luck with that promotion, Holb!
Though I understand your reasons for leaving, and I know it's no kind of ragequit, I can't help but having this scary feeling of "let's see how long kentona will endure this".

Anyways, yours was a great administration, and I'm sure kentona's will be too.

And I think the current state of RMN is very awesome indeed.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
By the way, what does an admin do, as opposed to what you were doing kentona ?
Pages: first 1234 next last