SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

Despain: I like the look of the tiles Despain, but they do clash with the generic desert tiles.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I think he's going custom Karsuman, as for the tiles I think they look good, it's a nice base to work with so far, obviously you haven't added the detail to the buildings and what not.

I think the only problems I have are the windows, for a desert-ish town I don't think those windows would be sufficient, also is the window open or closed because that shine across it carrys on past that line of wood which might make people to believe their open?
Yeah, the game will use entirely original tiles. There might be some rips/rtp tiles as well, but they would be very heavily modified to not be recognizable. The goal is for 100% original graphics.

I think the only problems I have are the windows, for a desert-ish town I don't think those windows would be sufficient...

I used old wild west photos for reference, and I don't exactly know what you're getting at here.

also is the window open or closed because that shine across it carrys on past that line of wood which might make people to believe their open?

Yeah, it's closed. The shine will be fixed up when I add the other details.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I guess they seem to clean for being in the desert?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
You see, glass (windows) are made of compressed sand, right? It simply absorbs the sand-- presto, a super-clean window!
author=Ephiam link=topic=965.msg13522#msg13522 date=1209426176
Little Wing Guy: Whoah, those screens look great. I like the cluttered style (where there is a lot on-screen/ going on.) And I would have to agree with those who said to go with the menu-based part selection system.It would just be more convinient, I think. Also, I would have to add that on the second screen shot, I would pick the blueish menu. I just like that look. =)

iamnot: Nice. I would say to go with the ice that looks as if it were a mixture of the many other blues (one in the right-hand corner). I like that look better than the greyish ice, personally. Also, I like the forest and all...but the top of the tree seems to be too small compared to the trunk. =\

And here is another DF II screenshot. It is a sort of puzzle area. Nothing big, really. I just wanted to put something different in there.

Is that RM95? If it is, I honestly respect you.
author=Craze link=topic=965.msg13685#msg13685 date=1209579462
You see, glass (windows) are made of compressed sand, right? It simply absorbs the sand-- presto, a super-clean window!

Actually it has to be quartz sand and it's unlikely that his game takes place in a quartz desert so . . . . .
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
It's either RM2k or RM2k3. Those are 16x16 tiles.
RoseSkye: Great, I guess I get no respect then. >:( It's RPG maker 2000, yeah.

:P
Craze
author=RoseSkye link=topic=965.msg13796#msg13796 date=1209657615
Is that RM95? If it is, I honestly respect you.

I haven't seen an RM95 game is ages. Do they still exist. :P

I'm assuming thats a promotional poster/ sig Craze. Looks cool, at first glance I thought it was a very odd screenshot xD. I dread to think if anyone still uses RM95...

Took all fricken day, i'm some what sick of seeing it xD. I'm happish with it, doesn't seem like theres much more I can do.

How are people taking their screenshots? I have to screendump, hence the quality.
wow LWG that looks great, very well detailed. I presume the bottom of the map is just a cut off of the screenshot.
Nah rm2k is pretty much making a game in hard mode as well. Yet if you make a game in rm95 its like sitting down on a sharpened pole.. sure its possible, but its very uncomfortable, and you eventually ask yourself; "OW.. why did I do this?"

Also.. it causes your anus to bleed and punctures your colon.
well it was good back in the day although i never made a game in it. :(

@Craze- Looks crazy and good.
quit posting demondestiny - you are threatening to overtake me.

@craze: Nice collage.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Craze - Reminds me of what "The Way" did for it's screenshots thing.

LWG, that looks great man, nice attention to detail. If you try to take a proper screen of that town your just gonna have to take screens of every bit and paste them together.Kentona :D
Craze
Thanks, guys. I plan on doing a little collage for each chapter of the game, since they each take place in a single dungeon so I have to merge boring/similar screens together into one image for INTEREST.

We plan on releasing chapters one and two before I leave for the summer~!
That sounds good, i look forward to it.

author=kentona link=topic=965.msg13919#msg13919 date=1209752598
quit posting demondestiny - you are threatening to overtake me.

lol, i just noticed. Now i'm gonna be working twice as hard to take the lead.

Craze, I like what you're doing with VX! Good job. You can make us the unofficial sample game and inspire others (like me) to start using it more seriously.

And on that note, I've started a project tonight. :)
Here's a little insignificant preview: