SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

Here are some screens from my RMVX game, Breaking of the World.

The first screen is to show off the caterpillar function. You can have up to 14 characters in your party total, these characters are split between 2 groups; your active party and your reserve party. Only the 4 members of your active party show up in battle/menus/caterpillar but all members gain exp from battles (reserve members get half of what active members get, this helps keep character levels balanced). You can switch members anytime using the Party option in the main menu. This option can also be used to reorder party members as well.

And I have a short gameplay video as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7JH7QvnaTk
I play around with VX from time to time
myself...

~Sion
YDS
member of the bull moose party

old ss for great justice
author=Veridianne link=topic=965.msg14305#msg14305 date=1209946214
old ss for great justice

While the level itself looks great, I'm not sure about the lights. It just kind of looks like the paintbrush tool put over a map. Is there a way to get these effects to look a bit less muddy?
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Hm, they were done by Malad. I don't want to tamper with his effects. I think they are okay, but the shot is a bit dark. What I did was just lighten up the screen so the lights would look less apparent ... hm, what is the word -- less "strong" so its not a perfect circle.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
You know, I never really liked the look of RMVX, but I must say it Immortal's and Sion's games make it look pretty good.
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=965.msg14299#msg14299 date=1209945796

I'd suggest moving the confirm/roster window so the confirm window isn't covering the active and the roster party. Seeing who is and isn't in your party is important information that shouldn't be obstructed when the player is confirming their party setup. I wouldn't worry about this too much though, its not too significant.

Also can that bottom window even contain fourteen characters? At screen width it looks like it could hold ten or eleven people at best.
That confirm changes window only pops up when your ready to exit the party menu. Its not there when you're rearranging characters and stuff. The bottom only needs to hold 10 characters as the active 4 count towards the 14. One thing I probably should note though, is two of the 14 characters are event characters that only join your party for a short time and have fixed equip and such (think like Bannon from FF6). So technically, I really only need space for 12. I'm pretty sure it creates a scrolling effect though when it reaches the end of the screen.
Haha, my FIRST POST at RM Network! Woo hoo! Well, this kinda sucks, but I'm gonna repost a buncha screens I've showed at GW, but with a few new ones.

Recently Completed the World Map for my project, The Legend of the Philosopher's Stone:

Treasure Area Cave:

New town I'm working on:

New No-Random-Encounters System:
-Monsters will move randomly until you're 3 tiles or closer to them, upon which they'll dash towards you to engage in battle.

Random Nature Screen:

Nem, you are certainly one of those developers that really fires on all cylinders.
You're mapping looks great, you tell a good tale, you're one hell of a coder, etc.
I didn't get too far into your game, but I will give it a more motivated attempt on the next demo. Keep up the good work, and it's good to have you at RMN! Cheers :)
LotPS is still probably my all time favorite RM game. I really hope to see you finish it Nem.
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=965.msg14370#msg14370 date=1209959439
That confirm changes window only pops up when your ready to exit the party menu. Its not there when you're rearranging characters and stuff.
That's what I meant: Obstructing the reserve party when you're done arranging the active party. Even when you're closing the menu I'd rather be able to see who I left out instead of looking at the stats of some character.

The bottom only needs to hold 10 characters as the active 4 count towards the 14. One thing I probably should note though, is two of the 14 characters are event characters that only join your party for a short time and have fixed equip and such (think like Bannon from FF6). So technically, I really only need space for 12.
Ah, that makes sense. Plenty of room in that case.
author=GreatRedSpirit link=topic=965.msg14403#msg14403 date=1209966425
That's what I meant: Obstructing the reserve party when you're done arranging the active party. Even when you're closing the menu I'd rather be able to see who I left out instead of looking at the stats of some character.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but why? Imo, the player should have decided on their party long before they go to exit the menu. I dunno, to me it just seems like a needless hassle to go move that menu for such a small reason.
@Vidianne- I'm sure i remember seeing that screenshot up before but oh well, it looks good.

@Nemesis- I really like the look of the town map, shows a lot of detail. Also, may i suggest you submit the game to the site if you haven't already.
@Demondestiny: I might actually release a new updated version of the game here. The reason I'm hesitant, is because it won't have any NEW gameplay, just several features on the current one (new intro, redesigned Winland Forest dungeon, monster-soul encounter system, etc.). I'll do that when the official website for the game launches (hopefully within a week or two!)
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Holy shit last time I checked this thread it was barely on page 4 and that was this morning! :D

@Sion - Ive seen all those screens(Except that battle screen) at GW from a while back, and I think I commented on some of them, cant remember.

@Nem - Your game always looks good, I honestly wouldn't improve anything in terms of your mapping.

@Immortal - Saw these in your game profile, they look good, and it's nice to see more and more people using VX nowadays.
author=ImmortalDreamer link=topic=965.msg14410#msg14410 date=1209966855
I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but why? Imo, the player should have decided on their party long before they go to exit the menu. I dunno, to me it just seems like a needless hassle to go move that menu for such a small reason.

Its prioritizing what the player can see which relates to what the systems wants the user to input. In this case, its a window where the player inputs if the party they made is what they want, if they want to continue making changes, or screw it all and stick with what you had before. You're showing the Active party (which is important here) and some character's stats (which is low priority information) instead of who isn't in your party which I'd label as more important than some character's stats. You'd show more useful information if what was displayed was the active and reserve party instead of active party and Character X's stats.

Again, it isn't anything critical and implementing it might not even be feasable depending on how the code is structured. Like you said, most people have the party they want when they hit the confirmation screen. I just look for where interfaces can be improved, sometimes to the point of nitpicking.

Just one of the maps from my project. It's VX, if that isn't too obvious. :D
Tau
RMN sex symbol
For my 200th post I thought I'd get nostalgic and post some old screens of when Guardia was being made on Rpgmaker XP when it first came out.

(even back then I could still map pretty well!)

(I think I was just messing around with this map)

That looks huge Chartley, and very nicely done, though the bottom part of the map below the dirt path going into the canyon looks a bit bare?
Wow everyones so damn good at mapping! Even the old Guardia looks awes-o-source! Plus VX never looked so good.

Something doesn't feel right about this map, you think its over crowded or something? I suck at judging these things.