SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Looks pretty good Rowan, did you draw that art yourself?
author=NoblemanNick link=topic=965.msg16012#msg16012 date=1210545054
Looks pretty good Rowan, did you draw that art yourself?

Thanks and Yes I did :P.

P.S. New Screen. This time of my CBS.

You should dull the window colors. It's a little too distracting. Plus the gradient is just murder on the eyes. If not get rid of it, then just lower the contrast.

Also, I would stick with a single color for the letter outlines. You can't go wrong with white and a black outline most times.

Otherwise, it looks pretty interesting.
I agree, but I do like how it's shaping out.
I appreciate the feedback. Im currently redoing windows of my CBS. (Now that I think about it I HATE that pattern in the windows background.)
This must be a "Custom Systems" era. I really like the CMS and CBS. (Albeit the issues already pointed out.)

~Sion
Ah, a Grandia style battle system?

I have a very strong dislike of that text. Everytime I see it in a game, it just hurts my eyes, I don't even know why people use that small text. I also agree with Skie on the other issues.

Let's see these battle systems in action people!
Well, here are some more picture of Dragon Fantasy II. Probably not up to par with some of the more recently posted stuff, but it should do for now. >_>

Deltam Stair Part 1.

Deltam Stair Part 2.

Deltam Stair Part 3.
author=Rowan link=topic=965.msg16015#msg16015 date=1210545630
author=NoblemanNick link=topic=965.msg16012#msg16012 date=1210545054

Rowan, remember the basics of designing. Try and keep it simple - and dull those colors.

Finished making the item box. How's it look?

~Sion
The ITEM! font looks horrendous. Do something similar to what you did with the item name/location because it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The exclamation marks are also off in their own little world. Can you shimmy them over a bit so they're closer to the end of the phrase?
Alright, I'll try and spruce it up. I'll post the new screen once finished.
Thanks.

~Sion

Yep, it's spanish :P. Well, it's an arcade version of my game, so I can translate it easily :).

Original version:

Holy spooky atmosphere batman!
Looks great. (Though I don't know what's going on)
I really like the look of your game Eviled, you captured the atmosphere great. I'm not a huge fan of the frame though, but maybe it serves a purpose?
Here's a demonstration of Alter AILA's new battle system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADdrERXK1Hc

I haven't done any balancing yet, which is why some attacks like Gray's ol' F*ckoff Cannon is doing so much damage. Anyways, this is probably going to be it from me for awhile. Be back when I've got a demo or full game going on.
The multiple hits thing is neat. I'll have to figure out how to do that myself. The fourth cut-in guy looked a little cross-eyed.

Also, nice use of SSH Live House music.
author=iamnot link=topic=965.msg17006#msg17006 date=1211147121
I really like the look of your game Eviled, you captured the atmosphere great. I'm not a huge fan of the frame though, but maybe it serves a purpose?

Well, actually yes. In the normal version that frame shows your “panic level”, and the instrument that you are playing (yes, you can play instruments :P).
I don't know exactly why, but I like it.
@Eviled- I like the look of your maps. As iamnot said, you capture the atmosphere beautifully.

@Neok- Neat battle system. I look quite forward to playing a demo or full version of this.
Some progress from Epic of Zoon...

(Yes everything in this area is built large on purpose)

Mapping: 80-85% complete