SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

That project really doesn't look suited to RPGMaker2k3, Sanosuke. The background itself is noticeably resized and overly-aliased; it looks good in a screenshot, but I'm really afraid something like that just wouldn't work very well during gameplay... especially in a Full-Screen display setting.

Also, the hero's simplicity quite contrasts with everything else. x_x
author=BlindSight link=topic=965.msg17083#msg17083 date=1211220910
That project really doesn't look suited to RPGMaker2k3, Sanosuke. The background itself is noticeably resized and overly-aliased; it looks good in a screenshot, but I'm really afraid something like that just wouldn't work very well during gameplay... especially in a Full-Screen display setting.

I think you are 100% wrong in every regard. It looks in my opinion waaaaaay better than RPGMaker games with maps built out of tiles that would fit with the sprite's simplicity. I don't know have you ever seen games like SaGa Frontier or Star Ocean? Hell it's way less disagreeable than like Final Fantasy 7-9.

However sano the texture on the wall is maybe just a little to stretched.

EDIT: Also Blind I think you mean anti-aliased.
Seems like it's supposed to be like that....Blind. =P

We've had this discussion with Sano before. Obviously his defense is that everything is large for a purpose, but come on now. One problem I see with the map is the white borders you seem to be using for the black areas. They would fit in much better if they were a dark gray. Right now they look like they're floating above the rest of the map. And the character set is too small. How many times have I said this, Sano? :(

That being said, this would look really nice once you fix up some of the issues.
Edit: Okay that's the problem with the walls. Everything looks blurred/anti-aliased while the white borders have a solid look to them.
author=Neophyte link=topic=965.msg17087#msg17087 date=1211222527
Seems like it's supposed to be like that....Blind. =P

We've had this discussion with Sano before. Obviously his defense is that everything is large for a purpose, but come on now. One problem I see with the map is the white borders you seem to be using for the black areas. They would fit in much better if they were a dark gray. Right now they look like they're floating above the rest of the map. And the character set is too small. How many times have I said this, Sano? :(

That being said, this would look really nice once you fix up some of the issues.
Edit: Okay that's the problem with the walls. Everything looks blurred/anti-aliased while the white borders have a solid look to them.

I know but...I'm not sure what to do about that it would be too much to learn to code and I have tried XP and VX and neither work for me...so with that said this WILL be in rm2k3 I am aware of the issues some may have with this fact but I don't know what to do about it...please just accept it for what it is, that is all I can ask. Wether you choose to or not is up to you guys.
author=brandonabley link=topic=965.msg17085#msg17085 date=1211222322
author=BlindSight link=topic=965.msg17083#msg17083 date=1211220910

I think you are 100% wrong in every regard. It looks in my opinion waaaaaay better than RPGMaker games with maps built out of tiles that would fit with the sprite's simplicity. I don't know have you ever seen games like SaGa Frontier or Star Ocean? Hell it's way less disagreeable than like Final Fantasy 7-9.

However sano the texture on the wall is maybe just a little to stretched.

EDIT: Also Blind I think you mean anti-aliased.
I was insinuating that the resolution was the primary issue with something like this, not OH NO IT'S DIFFERENT/BAD because he hadn't used Tilesets. I mentioned the hero because it's unfitting of the clearly more-detailed environment-- all I meant was that Sano should consider switching it.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
A type of messaging system I've been working on. Nothing astounding. >.<;;

Ok I'm following up on the suggestions I got:

Before

After

After with new floor...

I sharpened the walls, darkened the white border on top, and blended the 2nd floor tile even more. Any better?

Which looks the best?
author=sanosuke link=topic=965.msg17144#msg17144 date=1211251663
Which looks the best?

I like the one in the middle, however!

Shadows do not usually add to each other. There are some situations where they do (multiple close-up light sources) but as a general rule, when two shadows touch they merge into one. They don't create a darker shadow where they overlap. I have noticed this on a couple of your screens and is something you should watch out for.
Thanks for the feedback Brandon, I'll be messing around some more to find one that really suits my standards...still I appreciate your response.

Also I'm glad you brought up the shadow issue, I never really considered it before..but I'll try to fix these in any future updates I make. Thanks again.

New item menu for Legend of the Philosopher's Stone. The items are no longer in one group. Medicine, weapons, armor, and accessories each have their own page where you can view/use them. Since there are so many items (in the hundreds), I think this method will make the menu run faster on some computers and also make it easier to use.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Sano you should actually look further into RPG Maker XP. You can have character sprites any size, which would look 'appropriate' in your maps. That little jazzhaired anime 2k3 sprite stands out like a sore thumb.

Also, since you're using that 3D google house modelling program, why does everything have to be angular? You could easily just make things sort-of at an angle, to better suit 2k3's 4-direction walking scheme, if you're adamant on using 2k3.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=litearc link=topic=965.msg17259#msg17259 date=1211324680

New item menu for Legend of the Philosopher's Stone. The items are no longer in one group. Medicine, weapons, armor, and accessories each have their own page where you can view/use them. Since there are so many items (in the hundreds), I think this method will make the menu run faster on some computers and also make it easier to use.
While technically better than the current version, I don't know if I like the overall look of it. The fonts are fine, but the window styles aren't very interesting and also fairly inconsistent. But it is definitely an improvement.
Erynden
The Old Message System:
author=Jakester link=topic=965.msg17131#msg17131 date=1211244211

The New and Improved Message System:

@Macubex- Looks really good. The castle looks well designed.

@litearc- That looks good but i prefer the old one better.

@Jakester- Looks better than the previous one. Has a nice textbox background.
So I made a huge breakthrough with my cartooning and it now looks substantially better. I do not pretend to be a good artist by any means, but I'm on my way:

Comments?
Erynden
That is some mean armpit hair.
author=brandonabley link=topic=965.msg17376#msg17376 date=1211430281
So I made a huge breakthrough with my cartooning and it now looks substantially better. I do not pretend to be a good artist by any means, but I'm on my way:

Comments?

It would be a good idea to draw backgrounds as well, the swirl in the back doesn't really suit the monsters in the front.
The monsters are very well done for what they're supposed to be, but I think aesthetically they'd be so much more pleasing if a tiny bit more shading were to be applied. I don't know if that was your initial intention, but as it is they're very flat-looking.

Edit: ALSO A NEW WILFRED GAME. :)
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Sanosuke: Those charsets are awfully small. They are just placeholders, are they?