SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

Tau
RMN sex symbol
Nathrael that looks great man. Love the nice touch of lighting and well crafted sprite and tile. Wish I could see some more of your stuff. Especially since most of your screen is in the dark haha.

Ahh top of the page..

And old screen for a Mapping contest at ASP.
Wow, that is a very nice screen shot, well done. No complaints here.
I don't know, Litearc. I'm glad that the CMS is picture based now, but I don't like it's look. Your old, dark CMS looked cooler. Is the battle system going to be changed to reflect this look?
I like the look of the CMS litearc, but the menu color is too transparent. A simpler background would help things out, but I think the transparency needs to be toned down a bit. What font are you using there, by the way? I really like how it looks!

Tau, other than the small error with the water on the far left, it looks good. Where is your game man.

Nathrae, looks great. I'm with litearc though, what are the black lines?
The black lines on the ground, in the left corner? Well, it's an air vent, the black lines are just there because I think when it's rather dark like that in a room, you won't really see far into it.

@Tau: Looks nice, especially for M&B, it's imo pretty hard to make good screens with it.
@Neo: Thanks, I guess I can tone down the transparency. I just set it at 50% without much thought. I made the font using a program called PixFont. It tiles well in RM, and the letters and numbers match. If you want, I can send it to you.
@Litearc: I've been wondering how this has been progressing dude.
It looks great in my opinion. I do second Neophyte's opinion on
the menu's transparency though. Can't wait to see more!

~Sion
Pixfont sounds interesting. But yeah, just send it to me over AIM.
Nathrael, yeah I was just wondering. I really do like the gritty feeling you've got going, definitely post more if you have any.
author=Nathrael link=topic=965.msg22318#msg22318 date=1214734227
@AznChipmunk: As already said on the MMX forums, both screens look great. What is the games name? I'd be interested to read more about it.

Thanks. The game is called Mindflare.
I released a demo a while back.
http://www.rpgmaker.net/games/46/
YDS
member of the bull moose party
author=Nathrael link=topic=965.msg22318#msg22318 date=1214734227

100 % selfmade. It's from my current project, work title "Silence"; maybe I'll write up an English description for it sometimes.

@litearc: Visually nice, and the layout is good too.
@Ashramaru: Heh, never seen anyone using those chipsets recently. Your screen looks pretty good, and the edits you made fit in perfectly. A lightmap would be nice, though.
@AznChipmunk: As already said on the MMX forums, both screens look great. What is the games name? I'd be interested to read more about it.
@Little Wing Guy: Looks quite ok, the mapping is beautiful, however, somehow the map lacks some..."distinctive features".
@YummyDrumsticks: Looks pretty nice, however, I'd do some more shading on the clothes.

Wow, the chipsets are completely custom? Or are you just talking about the lighting?
That's right kiddos, it's Super Random Sion Screenshot time!!

For today's viewing pleasure we have...

A scene from the Point of Origin.

This would happen to be an event early on in
the game which I'm planning to have reflect
Seeo's stats based on player input.

The inspiration for such comes from Kingdom Hearts.

This would be one of few events I'm doing over.
I've often shyed away from it because of my not knowing exactly how
I want it to play in game. But from what I have I think I'm doing well.
Cheers,

~Sion
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Isn't that background from Tales of Eternia? Meh looks ok.. Also, too many exclamation points.
Yeah, you guessed right.
I used a panorama and a chipset together.
I'll take note of my usage of exlamation points.
Thanks buddy,

~Sion
Wow Sion, that looks incredible, the panaroma and chipset matches so damn well. :)

YummyDrumstick I like your lightning effect as well! ^^
Finished the Ranged Combat Movement for Enemies, I am going to finish the Melee Combat Movement, but I finally get enemy down in RM2k3. Watch out Neophyte. :P

The whole Night/Day concept is essential to battles. At night, Melee Attack Accuracy decreases, however Aggression increases at a faster pace. All in all if you fight at night your Chaos Bar will increase faster than at day, while Melee Accuracy will do the same. What is really important is the use of Akuma in battle. These Demon are only able to fight at night, and when night comes their stats and Aggression reaches and all time high. Basically Players will have to use Tactics when going into the "Ruins" to hunt Akuma.
author=Ashramaru link=topic=965.msg22647#msg22647 date=1215009159

The whole Night/Day concept is essential to battles. At night, Melee Attack Accuracy decreases, however Aggression increases at a faster pace. All in all if you fight at night your Chaos Bar will increase faster than at day, while Melee Accuracy will do the same. What is really important is the use of Akuma in battle. These Demon are only able to fight at night, and when night comes their stats and Aggression reaches and all time high. Basically Players will have to use Tactics when going into the "Ruins" to hunt Akuma.

That's a really cool idea Ashramaru, Kinda reminds me of Dragon Quest 8, where Monsters are stronger etc at night. I haven't seen an RM game do anything like this \o/

@Sion: I thought your game was called Chaos Generations? Anyway, that fit really well there (just lose the extra !). Your Custom Message box is nice too, but if i'm being totally honest I don't see the point of them, they have the exact same function as a standard one.
Well Ashramaru/AlucardxDemon, it looks okay! When you get that thing fully functioning, you can come back to me, as it looks only half complete so far. You have to be pretty proficient at the DBS to do these things, so I'm curious as to how you're going about it. You should show a video!

Speaking of videos, that's really cool, Ephiam. I'm browsing through some of your other youtube videos right now, and they're all pretty good. I might have to try your other game one of these days.

@Neophyte: Yea, I'm no where as far as you are. So I would say about 30% Complete. I have to finish the Enemy AI, which has been a pain in the ass. I'll get a video up so you all can see the flow of battle.

Also any recommendation of Recording Software, I haven't made a Video in a while...since the Academy Days :(

@Sion: Looks good man. Hope to see a Demo some time soon.

@Ephiam: Dragon Warrior Themed, its been a while since I've seen this style. Keep it up man, reminds me of the good ole' days.

Enters Cave and starts Writing Last Bibles Story
@Sion- Looks good and a good choice of background too.

@Ashramaru- That battle system looks really neat. Day/Night concept seems to be working well. :)