WHAT WAS THE FIRST GAME YOU EVER PLAYED?

Pages: first 12345 next last
What was the first game you ever played? If you can't remember the exact first just name one that you can remember that was close to the first.

I can't remember the exact first but one of them definitely was Pokemon gold. One of my favourites as well.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Super Mario Bros for the NES
Asteroids or Pac-Man for the Atari 2600.

The first game I ever bought was Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600. I got it used for $8 (lots of monies when you are 6).
River City Ransom on NES. I think I was about three years old and had no idea what was going on. However I do recall the art style and that my parents or brother were playing the game on a rented NES and that at one point I pushed some of the buttons.
Impossible to answer, but I THINK it might've been DIGGER

My father tells me we used to yell "I wanna play the car daddy, the car!"

author=harmonic link=topic=968.msg13188#msg13188 date=1209133485
Super Mario Bros for the NES

While I don't actually remember, this was probably my first game too. Either that or some really ghetto DOS games comprising of less than 5 colors.
I think it was Alex The Kid on the sega. I can't be sure though. I can't believe your first was Pokemon Gold.
I don't know what the first game I ever played was, but it was on an old school console. We had the Commodore 64 and one of the Ataris. I don't remember which one. The games I remember clearly are pitfall, the original Prince of Persia (on the computer), and that burger game where you had to make the burger by running on top of it.
Also:

Hot Street Rod in glorious CGA graphics.

Street Rod 2 became one of the staples I played on the ol' 286 although I never beat it (Damn those Mullenhound (sic) races!)
author=Little Wing Guy link=topic=968.msg13216#msg13216 date=1209149959
I can't be sure though. I can't believe your first was Pokemon Gold.

I am sure that it wasn't my exact first game but it was close to it. My first game was probably alex the kid or something like that. That was a great game to play and i have the rom of it since i traded in the actual game. :D
Probably one of the megaman games for NES!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
JILL OF THE JUNGLE 3: JILL SAVES THE PRINCE
Probably Pac-Man or Space Invaders in a roller skating rink somewhere. The first RPGs I ever played were Neuromancer and Pool of Radiance on the C64.
Ironically, Streets of Rage for the Genesis.

I was like, 4.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
Duck Hunting for NES, someone gave it to me

The first real game I loved was Pen-Pen for the DreamCast
Star Wars... for Gameboy Pocket. I didn't like it. Especially considering I didn't see Episodes 4-6 until long after I got rid of that game. And that's all it was on.
author=Craze link=topic=968.msg13293#msg13293 date=1209208730
JILL OF THE JUNGLE 3: JILL SAVES THE PRINCE

Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man Oh man

I remember always glitching the first game so that 50 daggers fell out from the 1 that I had. Then I'd try to carry as many of them as I could to the exit (You could only carry 3 max so you'd have to keep tossing and picking them up). Good times.
I didn'tknow there were three episodes of that brilliant game
I'm pretty certain I played Pong a long time ago. I also remember a game about a cat and when I look around Alley Cat seems like a nice match. Around the same time I also seem to remember Prince of Persia. It would be very late 80s. I don't have any idea what I played first though.

I also had some Game&Watch games and other samey games. I remember exactly when I got my NES though. That was wonderful. Summer 1991. Finally I got to play games at home and not elsewhere all the time. Super Mario Bros of course.
Pages: first 12345 next last