SOME SKILL PROGRAMMING HELP, PLEASE.

Pages: 1
I'm having a problem with skill programming. I've been getting over the tech walls as I went, but I cant seem to figure this out.

I cant seem to figure out how to do advance movements when a skill is activated. An example off the top of my head is Max's Kick Attack skill from Phantasia 1. He moves over to the target and does this really impressive spinning kick.

The problem I'm having is that I cant figure out how to make the character do the movements. The best I can do is make them move to the target, then do the "skill casting" animation.

For example, I want Character A to move over to Monster A and use Fire 1 with an animation where he shoots a fireball from his hand. But all I can do is make Character A move in front of Monster A and use Fire 1 with the basic skill animation, like the base characters glowing yellow aura around their feet.
In the Skill creation tab, there should be an option called ANIMATION.

This is where you set the skill to make the hero approach the enemy. In the top right of the ANIMATION window, there should be an option called POSE.
This is where you determine what the character is doing once the skill is being used. RIGHT HAND and LEFT HAND would be basic attack animations. To add more poses, simply define new ones in the ANIMATIONS 2 tab in the database.
You can have up to 32!
Would that still be limited by the 3 pose animations though?

I think I found a bit of a pesky way around it.

Make him move to the target, then use one of the blank slots on page 2 of a sprite sheet to make him disappear. Then just use the character in the actual skill graphic sheet.
Pages: 1