THE PRE BATTLE MENU ESCAPE: WHY DOESN’T IT WORK?

Pages: 1
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
I’m sure this has come up before but I’m couldn’t be bothered to shift though these formes, so I’ll ask nicely.

As many of you are familiar, with RPG2k3 when using the Alternate or Gage battle type a menu pops up at the start of the fight with the “Fight, Auto-battle and Escape” commands. And escape is always greyed out. And it not because “Escaping is disabled” because having escape in the normal menu commands works fine.

I’ve gone all though the database and I have no Idea how to fix this. What am I missing?
Are you running Test Fight in the Database or fighting in the game itself?
I think this was one of the dumb quirks of that system. When you want to flee I think you have to hit the cancel button to get back to the Fight/Auto/Flee menu where you can then actually escape from battle. I don't think you can get the individual escape action to be selectable. It's been a long time so I might be misremembering stuff though.
Cherry made a patch to simply get rid of it:
http://cherrytree.at/cms/lang/en/download/?did=12

You just need to add an "Escape" command to your main party member.
masterofmayhem
I can defiantly see where you’re coming from
That will work, thanks.
To answer the original question: It's grayed out unless all team members have full ATB bars if I remember correctly. So you normally only see it enabled at the beginning when the player has the initiative (=preemtive strike).
Nope, the reason it doesnt work is because you can only escape IF YOU GOT PREEMPTIVE STRIKE.. it will NOT work in normal encounters you must get a first move only then will it not be greyd out
Pages: 1