FINAL FANTASY XIII-2.....

Pages: first 123456 next last
To be honest, not really. I didn't hate FFXIII. I played all the way through it at least. It was sometimes fun and sometimes a chore.

What I would really like to see is a FFXII-2. It's a pity that FFX got a sequel and FFXIII is getting a sequel, but FFXII did not. FFXII is hands down my favorite in the "series".
Isn't Revenant Wings for the DS a sequel to FF12?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Yeah but we want a proper sequel, or what I want is a backstory game based around Balthier and Fran. Action rpg styled.. One can dream.

Anyway on topic.. No. They added a DLC costume of Ezio from the Assassin's Creed franchise into this game, though I must admit it does look a lot better then the actual characters costume design haha.

Hated XIII with a passion, won't bother with this, or Versus for that matter, doesn't look all that great.
I rather have Type-0 in full english right now than this.
Really? Huh, I think it looks pretty good. They added monster training and exploribility, at least.
Well monster party training is nothing new and has been done already in other RPG titles beyond Final Fantasy. (Dawn of the new World comes to mind and I do believe there are two others I am forgetting) Honestly, other than the sappy girl vibe FFX-2 exuded every waking moment playing it, the actual gameplay itself was quite nice and I enjoyed the class system and grid system, as well as the more action oriented battle system. It brought something new and fresh and was really the only reason I kept playing it. Sad, I know.
author=Arandomgamemaker
Really? Huh, I think it looks pretty good. They added monster training and exploribility, at least.

Type-Zero does this...except 1000000000000000x cooler. Such as airship fights (literally), chocobos and so forth. Also cooler story.
More explorability is good to hear. The first game was awfully linear for sure, although my biggest problem with it was that game length was inflated with far too many repetitive battles.

I should probably give the sequel more of a chance. That Squaresoft has actually been apologizing to fans for games they've been making recently (the Japanese sure are funny!) suggests that they would at least be trying to do things differently. I still think "Lightning", "Snow", and "Hope" are lame names for characters, but that can be forgiven I suppose if the gameplay turns out to be improved.

Yeah but we want a proper sequel, or what I want is a backstory game based around Balthier and Fran. Action rpg styled.. One can dream.

Hell yeah. That would have gobs of potential for awesome. Han Solo er, Balthier knew who the leading man was in that story. How come his directors haven't figured it out? :P
author=flowerthief
I still think "Lightning", "Snow", and "Hope" are lame names for characters, but that can be forgiven I suppose if the gameplay turns out to be improved.

I agree with Snow and Hope, but Lightning is too awesome. (So is Balthier. :P)
Lighting is even more dumb than cloud or squall. Where are the real name of the past??? Cecil, bartz, Zidane (yitan for PAL)???
author=Felipe_9595
Lighting is even more dumb than cloud or squall. Where are the real name of the past??? Cecil, bartz, Zidane (yitan for PAL)???

At least anything is better then Tidus....

author=flowerthief
I still think "Lightning", "Snow", and "Hope" are lame names for characters

author=Felipe_9595
Lighting is even more dumb than cloud or squall.

You all should seriously know that Lightning is NOT her real name. It's her code name......

I wouldn't post her real name because that would be a spoiler. If you want to know, play the game or search yourself :)

If you still tell me that her real name is dumb or lame, then okay......

As for Hope and Snow, yeah, that, I can give the benefit of a doubt.
author=eplipswich
author=flowerthief
I still think "Lightning", "Snow", and "Hope" are lame names for characters
author=Felipe_9595
Lighting is even more dumb than cloud or squall.

You all should seriously know that Lightning is NOT her real name. It's her code name......

I wouldn't post her real name because that would be a spoiler. If you want to know, play the game or search yourself :)

If you still tell me that her real name is dumb or lame, then okay......

I already know her real name~

Anyway, back on topic, it seems they removed all the flukes in the battle system. (Especially the first paradigm shift.) The Mog Clock feature makes enemies a lot faster to deal with, too. No more shrouds, though. =(
No thanks, i have better things to do than watch a 20 hours movie :P
Not that I quoted you and was talking to you though, Arandom. I only quoted flowerthief and Felipe.
author=eplipswich
Not that I quoted you and was talking to you though, Arandom. I only quoted flowerthief and Felipe.

Yeah..sorry about that. I'm still pretty young, so i tend to forget.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Arandomgamemaker is now Arandom.

I kinda want this game. It's supposed to be everything FF13 was not, and since I hated everything FF13 was, this is a good thing. Versus sounds cool. Like Kingdom Hearts kind of gameplay and stellar graphics.
author=Dudesoft
Arandomgamemaker is now Arandom.

Noooo, my awesome name is abbreviated.
author=Dudesoft
I kinda want this game. It's supposed to be everything FF13 was not, and since I hated everything FF13 was, this is a good thing. Versus sounds cool. Like Kingdom Hearts kind of gameplay and stellar graphics.

I can't believe it. Even FFXIII-2 gets released before FFXIII Versus. I know most of what they’re doing with XIII-2 is reused models and systems etc but honestly I’m surprised at how quick its been developed, I wouldn’t have expected Japan to get it by 2011.

author=Arandomgamemaker
I agree with Snow and Hope, but Lightning is too awesome. (So is Balthier. :P)

I really liked Snow, although his script made me die a bit inside, it’s very rare for FF to produce an actual man instead of the whiny, or pouting jrock models we usually tolerate. Saying that, I HATED him with Serah, and it was one of the most tacked on, half hearted romances I’ve ever seen in a game. The only real passion FF characters show is around characters they'll never be romantically involved with.

Either way if we have to play as Serah, I’m glad Snow won't be around, but hopefully it works the other way too. Hooray for divorce! I'd like to see everyone again, but if SE had asked me if this was a game I wanted a sequel to, I’d have laughed for a long time. It's like their answer to a question no one asked.
Pages: first 123456 next last