MOVMENT AFTER AUTO START TALK SCENE

Pages: 1
So im making a auto start talky scene and i want to be able to make my char move
after the talk scene whats the code to get it to work? Im using rpg maker 2003. Its very frustrating and im using some references to help out because Im just a beginner at this and its helping me alot. Im able to make my game way cooler because of these references. Thanx for any suggestions!
thank you i have tried that however whenever i put erase event the sprite just goes poof and disapears.. oh noes!
yup i just tried end event and instead of being able to walk around after the text my sprite just disapeared double oh teh noes! XD
Oh, you have a sprite on it? Then you can use a switch.

Make the event with 2 pages in the event, the first being the auto-start cutscene, and have the second page with action button and where it says "Switch" select the switch you're gonna use and call it whatever you want. Make sure both pages have the same sprite.

On the first page, at the end of the cutscene, add the action "Switch Operations" and set the switch you used to on. That'll do it.
im sorry im stupid im new to game making hahah when u say action button what do u mean im still slightly confused I have made a switch however im still not able to move after the cut scene again sorry for beings so stupid switches im finding hard to understand LOL
ok so i put switch on at the end of the speaking and then page 2 i put the check next to the switch on under preconditions on the side and the page is blank however im still not able to move afterwords.. *sigh* *rips out hair*
sooooo frustrating!!!!! still not able to move char after the cut seen all it does is just show the sprite in one place... I think im gonna go insane....
It isn't moving because you didn't change it's move type. It's right under the event graphic.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
OK, you're not being super clear here, so there are two options:

Option 1: you want the hero to be able to move; right now the hero is permanently stuck in place after the event
Make sure page 2 is not auto-start. As long as there is an auto-start event running, nothing else will run. Auto-start events loop and restart as soon as they end. After it's run once, you want to turn on a switch, and make the switch cause the event to not be auto-start any more. This will allow the player to move once the cut scene is finished.

Option 2: you want the NPC to start walking around after the cut scene ends
Start by doing everything mentioned above, but then on page 2, set the NPC's movement type. The default movement type is "Stationary" which means that the NPC will stand still. You can change it to random, or you can change it to a custom pattern (which you can then specify), or there are a couple other options.
te he goooood morning! you may lock this because after staying
up all night to figure it out I found the goof i made in the
coding. heheh and now it works wonderfuly!! OMG im able to move
him and everything its amazing! now to go searching through the
good old forums for dash code i saw a forum last night but
i have to search through forums again to find how to key
the dash button. Thank you both so much for your help
my prototype will be ready in no time to show my friend thats
going to be helping me my idea!
Pages: 1