SECRET SANTA REVIEW EVENT 2011!

Pages: first 12345 next last
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
SECRET SANTA 2011

Liberty's been having computer issues so I will be running our annual Secret Santa review event!

What it entails
People sign up, exchange games at random , review and on Christmas Eve the reviews are shown anonymously to each other.

Each person that signs up for a Secret Santa will need to supply, via PM, a link to a game or demo that they had a major hand in creating - preferably one with zero or very few reviews, and preferably one that is under 10 hours long. You must also have a download for the game available.

They will then receive a random game via PM to review. Once done with your review, PM me a copy and at the end of the allotted time I'll post it in a results topic. You can post the review on December 26th or later for epic makerscore for both you and the game creator (unless your review knocks down the game average, hehe).

It's Christmas time, so try to be polite yet clear with your criticism (you should really be anyway, but yeah...).

Event Outline
- Secret Santas sign up in this topic and send me (via PM) the name of the game they'd like reviewed before the allotted sign-up period ends on December 10th.
- I will then randomly dispatch games to each Secret Santa On December 10th-11th.
- Each person has approximately ten days to play and review the game.
- On the due date (December 21st) each person sends, via PM, the review to me.
- On Christmas Eve I will post up the results of the Secret Santa in a thread, without mention of review writers.
- Any time after Christmas the original reviewer may add their review to the site. I ask this delay for the sake of enjoying the secrecy of the Secret Santa Review and for those who wish to take a stab at guessing who theirs was. Try to post it before January 1st, though, since we're trying to drum up a ton of reviews in December!

Signups
Sign up in this topic and send me a link to the game you'd like reviewed via PM. You need to be the creator of, or a major contributor to, said game. Try to choose a game that has not already been reviewed extensively and one that is relatively short (under 10 hours).

SIGN UP DATE: Let me know if you're interested in this event by Saturday, December 10th.
When you receive your review candidate please let me know if there is any reason you cannot use that game (already reviewed/don't have the system requirements/etc.) as soon as possible.

If you choose to do this you are not only putting out a game for someone else to review but offering to review a game as well (in secret, shhh!).

For tips on how to review, check out this topic and this one as well.

Hopefully you will all receive your game links on the 11th, if not sooner, giving you about a week and a half to play and review. I would like all reviews PMed to me before the 21st. I can be flexible if need be, but ask about that via PM, if necessary.

If you sign up and at a later date can no longer do your review, please PM me as soon as possible! I can try to arrange a fix, or drum up someone else to take over.

So, let's get a list of names happening! If you'd like to join just post a 'Yes!' in this thread.

Any questions, please feel free to ask here.

NO GAME LINKS IN THIS THREAD - JUST NAMES!

-------------------------------------------

SIGN-UPS

I have received PMs with game choices from the following users. If your name isn't on here but you posted in the chat, make sure to send me your game:

Ocean
Acra
orochii
ganonfrog
NewBlack
Dudesoft
Archeia_Nessiah
yuna21
psy_wombats
Felipe_9595
Orias_Obderhode
TehGuy
calunio
Marrend
SorceressKyrsty
LockeZ
Sailerius
eplipswich
Liberty
pikachu 2127
Killer Wolf

-------------------------------------------
If your name is struck out, I have received your review. Remember to send them via PM.

DUE DATE FOR REVIEWS: December 21st!

Participants, expect a PM containing your Secret Santa Game and rules.
To do or not to do...I've always wanted to do reviews but never had before...This may be my chance...

Okay, I'll do it o_o

Just so you all know, my game translation demo is currently about 14-18 hours long and about 180 MB.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Sounds like fun! I'm in.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Just a few amendments:

If your game is over 10 hours long you can still participate! It's just a good idea to warn people.

If we have an odd number of signups, the odd person out will still have something to review.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Let's do this. Lord knows I have enough free time.
I'd like to join but my only real game isn't ready for an official review >.> and my crappy backup PC can't run VXP games...I can be a standby participant if theres an odd number(and I get a 2k3 game)

*unless I get a review with no stars :3 and a game I can actually play in return.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'll do it~
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Hey guys, just make sure you PM me the game you want reviewed~
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Is it strange that I was musing about this?

While the game I'd like to see a review for is but a demo, and therefore expect a good pummeling, why not do this?
I'm in.

Even knowing it's very likely I'll lose makerscore with this...

Peoples, please be very careful about what games you submit. Last year I had to switch games 2 or 3 times, because the first ones I got bugged, needed RTP, or stuff like that.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Maybe we can vote on the best review and offer an achievement!
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=LockeZ
Let's do this. Lord knows I have enough free time.
Ummm..... what should I put as a subject to the PM?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Just "secret santa event" or something along those lines.
to be confirmed, we have to send you a PM with the game i want to be reviewed right???
Pages: first 12345 next last