TITLE SCREENS

Pages: first 123 next last
Here are some title screens I'v made =) If you would like me to make one for you just send me a pm or reply on this topic with a description on how you want it.

CastorOnline
"Thank you guys... but I must go. My planet needs me."
Wow! I like them a lot :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wow, awesome. These are great.

Any chance you could make a title screen for Iniquity and Vindication to replace my shitty filler title screen that I stuck together with chewing gum in 5 minutes? I don't have a real logo or anything yet, and I really have no desire to incorporate the stormclouds or anything else from my current title screen into the final one - I'm basically giving you total creative freedom here. The game is set in the 1980s in mostly urban and industrial settings, and features ridiculously over-the-top action as well as demonic and paranormal activity. Hopefully that gives you some inspiration!
Happy
Devil's in the details
I think most of these are pretty terrible. I can evaluate further if you wish.

The Revelations and Revenants ones are somewhat better though, I guess they're more recent?

There's still design flaws in them I'd change. In the Revenant ones the gradient on the text is making the R letter look pretty weird, and the "of" preposition glow seems out of place and makes it appear disconnected from rest of the title. The colors are otherwise pretty nice, though.

As for "Revelations" screen, I don't like how "developed by" and "Ashley_lacure" are separated, even though they're supposed to be in same phrase. I can see that you've also picked 3 colors that pop up from the otherwise black and white screen.
These colors don't go together that well, though. Any two of them do go together, though, but for third color you need something else.

What comes to rest of the titles, there's much more issues with them.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It seems weird to me to say they're "pretty terrible" and then only complain about the coloration and positioning of the text, and not mention anything about the logos themeselves or the background artwork. If the worst thing about the top logo is the text gradient/glow being lined up in an unusual way, I'd think that would be an A+ for the title screen as a whole. The background artwork is beatiful in all of these, except FantasyLand, haha.

This coming from me, the guy who thinks there's no wrong time or place for criticism. I will allow your points (since I don't know enough about art and graphics to have any idea if you're right or not), it just confuses me that you think those problems amount to the images being "pretty terrible".
Happy
Devil's in the details
I said that most of them are pretty terrible, referring to most of them in general. I did say that the "revelations" and "revenants" are better. Read better plz.
They're pretty good! Your background images are stretched and some of them are a bit blurry. I really like the first 4, but after that they get iffy.
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
Can you make a title screen that looks like this for me?

@Castor: Thank you =)
@Lockez: Yea I'll make you something once I get back home =)
@Noacceptancee772: will do =)

@Happy: I appriciate your critisism even though you come of as a "douche". Since Iam still pretty new to photoshop I can't really say my titles are that great but in the end it's about taste , and obviously you don't like them but the people who asked for them do and that is what counts. Iam aware of some misstakes I'v made, but calling them terrible is just rude. And on top of that you seem to be a long term member here and Iam just wondering if this sort of "welcome" is expected when you are a new member like myself. Again thanks for the critisism and I'll try to improve the best I can
Heh; These aren't all that bad, but I think the "Revenants" one is the worse of the lot... I know these are requests, but you should really discourage people from including a "Developed by" and other stuff like that on their tittle screens, specially if it's going to be in such an obstructive way. Those things should be in a bottom corner, almost unnoticeable.

Don't go too wild with the fonts either, the more ornamental a font is the harder it becomes to read, and just outright using shapes instead of actual letters is often very frowned upon. Also, you should avoid using different fonts and different treatments for each word when they belong to the same title, that makes things look and "sound" too disjointed and chaotic.

...I made a thread like this many years ago in another community and I ended up doing 25+ tittle screens for games that never saw the light of the day, but it was a fun experience overall. Good luck with yours! =P
CastorOnline
"Thank you guys... but I must go. My planet needs me."
Yeah, keep going! I have always thinked that there are not bad ideas, just misplaced ideas, i know what you wanted to say or show with some details you made, and i think they are good, but there are good things and better things, after reading all the comments posted above me, i think they have a point, like you wanted to introduce the developer and it´s excelent but is better i think to do it in the corner (i see that in the covers of OST from movies or other thinks), anyway I´m not a graphic designer and don´t know about design "rules", anyway because my english is rustic and i can´t express like i would want i will say i like your works :)

By the way, have you thinked about design the caligraphy too, that would be great!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This belongs in game dev. Good topic, but it should be in the right area.
Made a new title screen for a contest game i'am working on. Let me know what you think =)

I like it man maybe move the cursor a few pixels to the left for the New Game.
the picture of the dude holding the chick is stretched and weird, might as well remove it since they're already in the title icon thing.
@Ashley I agree and it has been moved :P
@Darken Now that I look at it ur right , although that pic is pretty much transparent and isn't really that visible becasue of the animated clouds i use.

New ones by request:

Absolutely beautiful stuff. I'd like to request a title screen too.

Game Title:
The Arms of Reverie

Current Title:

Concept Idea for Title:

Honestly, I just want something that looks good and goes with the story. The world is a medieval setting but a society affixed with science. A simple screen would work too, like how FF7 had the Buster sword with a beam of light on it. I really like your Revelations, Elirium Faith and the hidden city of Arcatis titles, so something along those lines would be sweet too. But really, anything would be better then what I have now, ha.

I'd be happy to help you out =) what engine do you want it for ? xp,vx ?
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Not bad, amazing.
Pages: first 123 next last