GAMES THAT NOBODY REMEMBER?

Pages: first 123456 next last
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Let's try to remember some games that many people seem to have forgotten or didn't even know they existed. I'll go first..

This game was hella fun. I remember my dad was sick of me playing the same game on my PSOne, so he went out and bought this one for some reason. But man am I glad he did, sadly I only have a couple of my PSOne games left after my brother sold my PSOne so I no longer have it.
Vanguard Bandits wasn't that well known, but it was a gem. It was a tactics RPG featuring giant mechanical knights and multiple paths/endings.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

Lord the Rings: Return of the King

best game ever, I play it usually once a month or so
I have no idea what other people know, but I'll just assume that you've never played C-Dogs (or you did and just forgot :P)

Oldschool DOS shoot-em-up. Had a level editor and co-op play. I was so into this game.
Digimon Tamers Battle Evolution:

Dragon Slayer II: Xanadu

I definitely got a kick out of this one mainly because there's limited enemy encounters and they stay killed off for good so there's no infinite grinding in one area.
Power Blade for the NES

I remember really enjoying this as a kid. It almost seems like it uses the Mega Man engine, so that's probably why I liked it... :x

M.C. Kids for the NES

Yes, a McDonald's game. But dammit it was fun! Reversing gravity was always cool. This game was decried for being an inferior SMB3 clone, but is that a bad thing? SMB3 is the greatest game ever made.
I'm pretty mainstream because every single game I remember someone else remembers too. And in this topic I have never heard of any of these games!

Except for kentona's of course. I actually even own a copy of Power Blade and it's a fairly easy game to casually play through whenever I decide to plug in my NES.

But one. I have installed on my computer that I sometimes wonder about. Because it seems no one ever talks about it and the concept seems pretty cool. Yet... it's forgotten?

Of course maybe the game just isn't very good. I have to admit I've never managed to get very far into it. (but that's also because it lags a lot!)

Can I consider this as a forgotten game? Lol...

Well, anyway, this is Ecoquest 2: Lost Secret of the Rainforest, a very old educational game that's actually pretty fun, to be honest...Those childhood days...
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Both of the Ecoquests are great!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Bit more recent than the others but

I thought this was supposed to be the next big thing for the DS, but no one ended up caring for it in the end. Which is a shame because I thought it was pretty neat despite its several glaring gameplay and story hang-ups.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
I don't think anyone recognizes any game anymore besides Halo 3 and Modern Warfare 2.
At least the new generation.

I think I might actually have copies of both of these games still...
Loved Faxanadu, used to have a copy. I listen to the soundtrack on a regular basis :D
author=Yellow Magic
Bit more recent than the others but

infinite space

I thought this was supposed to be the next big thing for the DS, but no one ended up caring for it in the end. Which is a shame because I thought it was pretty neat despite its several glaring gameplay and story hang-ups.

I actually hated this game. I too thought it was going to be the next big thing and always wanted to try out a japanese space sim, but idk the navigation... the rock paper scissor battles... there was no complete game feel to it. Never really felt I was in control.

I bought an original xbox recently and noticed an interesting selection of niche titles like Otogi, Stranger's Wrath, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gun Valkyrie, etc. But the coolest one is probably Phantom Dust, it's basically an arena action game where you bind the abxy buttons to any of the 300 "skills" throughout the game. Most action games just have a dedicated attack button with a few different weapons here and there, but PD changes that notion completely. This was apparently a fun game to play online, shame there's no game like this now with servers.

I used to think the Xbox just had Halo and watered down PC ports but uh, there's actually a few titles on it worth checking out.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
There were quite a few great games for the original Xbox, Jet Grind Radio Future, Knights of the Old Republic I & II, Jade Empire, Chronicles of Riddick, Psychonauts, Ninja Gaiden. You should check some of these games out.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Darken
I actually hated this game. I too thought it was going to be the next big thing and always wanted to try out a japanese space sim, but idk the navigation... the rock paper scissor battles... there was no complete game feel to it. Never really felt I was in control.
But but but

the fleet customisation ;_;

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Best videogame series ever. Period. And I'm posting this because a lot of people forgets that it was all about Kain from the beginning.
People bawed when Raziel died; which contributed to Lok:Defiance's poor ratings. ...And that's why we can't have nice things today. =/
Jurassic Park II: The Chaos Continues, for GameBoy:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, for Sega Dreamcast:

True Lies, for Snes:

These are all from a time when movie games were actually legitimate, and although silly and ridiculous, also really fun. Movie games these days are just phoned in contract fodder for quick bucks.
I still play Parappa games.
I also make love to Parappa music (I'm srs) and sprite to Parappa music.
PARAPPA!!!11

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Pages: first 123456 next last