GAMES THAT NOBODY REMEMBER?

i agree with rise against.

i mean, in it's cleverness it was easily up there with some of the sierra and lucas arts games

the lost brother among the original buildengine games, even released by raven software! without this game, there would probably not have been games like system shock, deus ex, bioshock, etc. and yet no one remembers it. the voice acting was awesome!

I used to play this when I was kid :p

Loved this game when I was a kid, and still do today.

It irks me that very few people I speak to actually remember it.

I also really liked an old Legend of Zelda-like RPG on the Mega Drive, which I played on an emulator for a few years, and I can't even remember the name of it.

EDIT: Found it! It was Soleil, A.K.A. Crusader of Centy. Could not get enough of this game.

Oh, and Dynamite Heady was just... amazing.

EDIT: Lest I forget Digimon World 2. I loved everything about that game, and played it through several times just so I could pick all the different factions!
author=Lyric
Loved this game when I was a kid, and still do today.

It irks me that very few people I speak to actually remember it.

I have a copy of that game. It was ok. But I had an overload of PS1 games and never got too far.

EDIT: Found it! It was Soleil, A.K.A. Crusader of Centy. Could not get enough of this game.
Interesting...

=============================================

How about Police Quest

and Hugo

and Leisure Suit Larry

In the hay-day of point-and-click adventure games!
I think everyone remembers Leisure Suit Larry, that game's a famous classic. Police quest less so (but still known due to its legacy) but Hugo, now there's a game I hadn't heard of/didn't remember. (since Hugo always makes me think of that troll)
author=Shinan
but Hugo, now there's a game I hadn't heard of/didn't remember. (since Hugo always makes me think of that troll)

haha I tried searching Hugo and kept seeing some troll character I didn't recognize :P
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Threads of Fate AKA Dewprism is a game nobody plays? That's... kind sad. Now, if you said Indigo Prophecy, AKA Farenheit, I could believe you.

There were only the three Hugo games, right? I remember playing them all at some point on one of those old 500 games cds.

There was also a fun little ship to ship deathmatch game on the disc, where one of the enemy ai settings was Locutus, with a picture of Patrick Stewart and all, and one of the difficulty settings was Vorpal. Fun times.
Loved Threads of Fate. Probably my 3rd favorite game.
I actually never heard of Threads of Fate until recently when I saw it on playstation network and thought about getting it. <_< It looks pretty good. I never got to play some of Squares older rpgs unfortunately.

I used to love playing this game, but no one I've talked to about it so far has ever played it. It was pretty fun cause you had to constantly utilize 3 characters, each who had different actions that helped progress through the map. Like one could run fast and jump high, another could glide with his shield and block oncoming projectiles as well as use his shield as a boost for the other to jump on, and the other was the all-arounder, and could fight/kill enemies with his sword. It was a pretty fun platformer (same goes for the sequel).
Fuck Threads of Fate. We asked for Brave Fencer Musashi 2.
author=Jude
Fuck Threads of Fate. We asked for Brave Fencer Musashi 2.

and then we finally got it........unfortunately
-

a mirder hasbeen comitted..yuor own!!

shadow of destiny (shadow of memories, PS2/Xbox/PC/PSP) is an adventure game in which you get killed in the intro then gain the ability to go back in time to prevent your murder. (make sure the tree that your murderer hid behind was never planted, tell someone in the past to open a library so you can find a book that tells about the antidote to the poison used on you, etc.) rinse and repeat for 10 chapters of hilarious german hijinks. a myriad of zany endings depending on the butterfly effects (LOL) of your shenanigans. just don't forget to go back to your time before the appointed hour...or else

get stabbed, poisoned, burned, vase'd, ???'d, etc!
explore a detailed european town that changes architecturally over centuries and seasons!
get accused of witchcraft in the 1500s for sending a text message!
interact with obnoxious townsfolk and their ancestors who look creepily similar!
meet a hot chick in medieval times then realize she may or may not be your ancestor!
ruin a hot waitress' life by leaving her in the past!
find the philosopher's stone! lose it! find it in a tree!

you can do all this and more in shadow of destiny.....
Don't forget controlling a freakishly tall, socially awkward moron who has to die just to figure out that frire will BURN him.
Eh, just kidding, Eike's a cool guy, he just dies for stupid reasons sometimes. I did like that game...not in my to 5, but okay.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm sure plenty of people remember this game, Bug!, but I used to watch my cousin play it all the time on his computer back in the day and it would blow my fucking mind how awesome it looked.

This, Spelling Blizzard, Eco Quest: The Search for Cetus (cutscene with the manta ray where you'd hide in the jar scared the living hell out of me as a young child), Megarace, Theme Park, and a handful of Sierra games like the Incredible Toon Machine and some typing games made up a good chunk of my earlier years on the PC. Then came Age of Empires.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
That looked fun, as good as any Mario, or almost!
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=benos
Hexen?

Heh, what a coincidence, I am currently playing Heretic, with Hexen being on the "to play" list. I just got an itch for some old school shooters, like Doom or Duke Nukem 3D, and I only ever played like the first two levels of Heretic.

Also, Blood is another one of those "types" of shooters, quite fun (I LIIIIIIIVE). Plus the hidden references (grave of "The raven", with the hero saying "nevermore" in an incredibly awesome voice). But I guess many people remember Blood.

I wish they would make shooters like those again, with better graphics, keyboard/mouse controls, many secrets and huge non-linear levels. Not like shooters today...
everybody remembers hexen and heretic

gotta say though, I strongly prefer hexen II over the original