RPG MAKER VX ACE SAMPLE GAMES

Pages: first 12 next last
These were games that were bundled with the Japanese version of RPG Maker VX Ace, these are untranslated but they're easy to figure out. These weren't made to be difficult so language isn't an issue.

Game List.
  • Bestiol
    MentalKey
    NotBrave2
    Sakusaku

Download
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
NotBrave2 is pretty fun. I've beat the game, so if you need any tips, I might be able to help you.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I laud their choice which was really probably enterbrain's choice to leave the files unprotected and opensource. Badass.
I hope someone gets around to translating these, eventually. They're fun, and I realize they're simple, but being able to understand them would be a bonus. :) Thanks for sharing!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
There are also going to be English sample games (see: Princess Princess).
author=Max McGee
I laud their choice which was really probably enterbrain's choice to leave the files unprotected and opensource. Badass.

you assume it was a choice and not just incompetence... *strokes chin*
Sample games had always been unprotected and opensource so people can learn/use assets/whatever from them (Since XP-VX-VXace)

XP
KNight-Blade: Howling of Kerberos http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/sample
(in sample games and materials, blah blah, rpgmaker xp) and White Ties are the popular ones.

VX
Black Lion Crest - http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/vx/0001.html
Dragoness Edge 2820 - somewhere here: http://rtdweb.web.fc2.com/ or http://www.mediafire.com/?81gadw9dskoz9nd or http://www.mediafire.com/?n4vw45ye0v053aj

KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Sample games had always been unprotected and opensource so people can learn/use assets/whatever from them (Since XP-VX-VXace)

You forgot to mention RM2K's sample games (no clue if RM95 and RM2K3 had any). (*´Д`)
Rm2k had some that isn't don miguel!?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Japanese ones, yeah. Their names escape me but it's where those Future chipsets and those facesets that don't look like the same style as Alex came from in the RTP. I'm pretty sure in fact that one of the RM2K sample games was a prequel or something for KNight-Blade, one of RMXP's sample games.
I am pretty sure that Hellhound game was RM95.
Those crazy japaneses :) Only they can have gundams fight on cutesy music.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Can you update game links, megaupload rip.
Hey guys. Sorry to bump an old thread, but the MediaFire link is dead. I REALLY want these games. I'd love to translate them, update them, and release them to the community. If anyone has them, and can reupload them, I'd really appreciate it. :)
And uploaded! Here you go!

author=KingArthur
Japanese ones, yeah. Their names escape me but it's where those Future chipsets and those facesets that don't look like the same style as Alex came from in the RTP. I'm pretty sure in fact that one of the RM2K sample games was a prequel or something for KNight-Blade, one of RMXP's sample games.

Ps. SInce I own an official copy of RM2k now, there's... A LOT. Didn't expect there'd be that much sample games.
Thanks alot! Downloaded. Now I'll see if I can maybe translate each game, and release them here on RMN. I might upgrade some of the games too, but I also would like to leave them as original as possible in some aspects. Plus.. maybe they will provide some extra assets for my own games. lol

Thanks again!
Hmm.. well the first game I decided on work on, was Bestiol. I've translated pretty much all of the core components, and now I'm working on the actual game. Shockingly the dialogue is where I'm having issues. It makes some, to zero sense. And each translator online tells me a different meaning. So.. I'm considering doing what I've wanted to do for a long time anyway.. and write a game. The game is already there, and the graphics are beautiful. All it needs is my writing skills.

If I had a story to go on, I could work with it. But right now I only have characters, some kind of magical crystal, and messed up dialogue. Maybe I can build on that.. and do my own dialogue. I could make it interesting..
Hmm.. well the first game I decided on work on, was Bestiol. I've translated pretty much all of the core components, and now I'm working on the actual game. Shockingly the dialogue is where I'm having issues. It makes some, to zero sense. And each translator online tells me a different meaning. So.. I'm considering doing what I've wanted to do for a long time anyway.. and write a game. The game is already there, and the graphics are beautiful. All it needs is my writing skills.

If I had a story to go on, I could work with it. But right now I only have characters, some kind of magical crystal, and messed up dialogue. Maybe I can build on that.. and do my own dialogue. I could make it interesting..
This reminds me of how RPG Maker game translators are on the rise here at RMN. :)

By the way, Nick,

author=Nick
And each translator online tells me a different meaning.

I strongly suggest you do not use any online translator, especially for Japanese to English translation because it almost never works well. The sentence structures of Japanese and English are just so different that using an online translator for sentences is really an epic fail.

Only way to translate Japanese to English efficiently is to really learn the Japanese language. If you like, I can link you to a few websites that I use as my Japanese dictionaries for translation.
Pages: first 12 next last