Update added after a revieuwer played the game and rated it with a 4/5 Stars!
- Inn = 50 Gold (when you finished the side quest there)
- First area heals = 70 Gold
- Second area heals = 100 Gold
- Third area heals = 150 Gold
- 4th Area = free heals at your own base once you get your own 'Inn keeper' or at the well in Dokta when you've fixed it.
- Downed the Damage of the mini boss and the boss in the cave a bit, downing the chance further to one shot a party member when it has full health.
- Changed the trading post sign color.
- Made the vines in the cave a brighter color, they also pop out now as I put a really small lighting effect on them.
- Upped Regeneration rates: TP- From 2 to 3% | MP- From 4 to 6% | HP- From 4 to 5%
- Downed the % chance of the book mini-boss.
- Added counters/trackers to the quests where you need to kill a certain amount of enemies.
- I'm not sure yet what I want to do with the inn/healing spots in the game. Cutting the cost is easy but I want to have some sort of balance in it for early/mid-game. This will need a little bit of tinkering but will be added for the next update!
-> Changed the way the counters are handled by a little.
-> Got rid of some of the indications of someone countering while they shouldn't. It's only the indication as the counter already didn't happen.
- A new counter system implemented. Finally got rid of the weird visuals when a melee countered a ranged attack.
- Much more gold to be gained from fighting random encounters. It feels more rewarding now and easier to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- A lot of small fixes like; more clear/stream-lined descriptions, grammar checks, storylines added, a small cut scene added and fine-tuning of the other new systems implemented after the recent updates.
So in short, it will all play out and feel much smoother then it did before!
- TP was lost after a set amount of time outside of battle ->FIXED<-
- TP gain from certain skills wasn't working properly ->FIXED<-
- The group cooldown for battle skills wasn't working ->FIXED<-
- The group cooldown wasn't explained in the tutorial or books ->ADDED<-
- Made the descriptions more readable ->CHANGED<-
Sorry to the people that downloaded the game in between my last post and this one... I do NOT recommend overwriting your old save file because it can cause lag. Ofcourse, I do understand if you don't want to start all over again. Thank you for your understanding.
After a few players gave me some feedback, the game has been changed in quite a few areas.
- New way TP is handled, entwined it more with other skills and deleted the stance system and TP items.
- Many, many minor changes to the dialogue to streamline it.
- Many, many minor grammar fixes.
- Some small changes to some of the quests.
- Some small changes to the character skills to make them feel more unique.
- More minor tweaks here and there for player experience and balancing.
For the players; I'm getting feedback that players are a bit unsatisfied when they lose there skills that they spent time on leveling once it 'evolves'. Thus I changed that so you keep your levels and skills but just get less skills. This also makes it so that there is more individuality between the characters as some will be strong from the start but fall off later into the game and others pick up at that point. To make sure players can swap and don't have to level the character before acquiring skills I have set some points in the game where you get party EXP. This unsures that your party of +/-40 Members stay interesting for the players to swap between.
Yes this update is pure for player expierence and convienence. The story is more stream lined and flavored and systems have had a overall overhaul. Here a few things:
- New Row names to get a better indication on what they do (that was a lot of renaming for me xD).
- New autosave mechanic that saves on slot and not on last save file (to get this to work they way I wanted was a headache).
- SmootherLoad-Save-Event add/completed/failed pop ups (a lot of changes in getting it to show properly).
- New weapons and armor in the prologue!
- Mezun merchants set up their TENTS to sell there wares from giving some nice extra visuals.
- 2 NEW Mezun Merchants have set up shop in the demo version!
- Better rewards for the side story lore reward quests, they now also give party EXP, not only just Lore.
- Some flavoring of the story here and there (small touches).
- Some small battle improvements here and there.
- Some small visual improvements here and there.
Proud to announce to everyone reading this that the demo has reached a 'finalised' state meaning only minor things will change from this point on that will most likely not be noticed by anyone playing.
Shortly said; THE DEMO IS FINISHED!
I hope you all enjoy it and let me know through rating or feedback what you liked/not liked about the game!
More recruitable characters, more content, better stream lined story, more lore, and a better balanced battle system is coming in a few weeks!
I finally have all the characters set up for the full game, now implementing all of them properly will take some time but it will be ready in the next update! Most of the new characters won't be able to be recruited in the demo but you can already meet them and interact with them (who knows maybe you can recruit 1 of them!)
I think the release will be in 1 or 2 weeks from now (the end of September)!