She was one of the best in her line of work. She had it all - the money, the fame, the respect of her peers and the fear in the eyes of her enemies. But sometimes all it takes is one hit from the bitch called life to knock you off your feet. Following the tragedy of the RM-8 incident, Eva Reynes finds herself in a life drenched with alcohol and music, with no care in the world for her job and her responsibilities. Evenings once spent chasing criminals were now spent chasing bottles of whisky.
On one such evening, her apprentice and friend, Damien Wills, sent a call for help to the only person he could look up to. He had been framed for murder.
"Just one case" is what she said when she put on her overcoat and headed for the scene of the crime. But when she finds out that this case is more complex than it seemed, and it connects to the one case which ruined her life, how will she react? Are there answers at the end of the road, or will she end up chasing shadows leading nowhere? How will the years of drinking and reclusion take a toll on her when it matters the most? Walk in the footsteps of the legendary Eva Reynes and unveil the truth.
Warning: Eva Reynes: Volume One a is dark, sadistic mystery game which gets increasingly difficult, and there will be no hand-holding after the tutorial. After the first episode, you will be on your own to make deductions and find clues. The game will NOT warn you if you go on the wrong path, miss clues, or make wrong deductions, which may eventually put you on a one way street to a bad ending. At times you won't even know where you made the mistake.
- Unique personalities, complex and unpredictable plots, and a captivating story.
- Investigate crime scenes, search for clues, make deductions and find out the truth.
- Engage in timed discourse battles; point out contradictions using the evidence you've found.
- Manage and develop skills/traits like Personality, Perception, Discourse, etc.
- At times you'll have to choose between being a good person or a good investigator.
- Original content and artwork.
- Several bad endings, one normal ending and one true ending.
Please refer to the Characters page for character profiles.