First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for making the Kickstarter a success. With over 20 characters having their own portraits and multiple CGs per episode, a lot of money went into the art of Eva Reynes. Thanks to the successful funding of the campaign, I don't have to compromise on the quality that I was hoping to deliver.
The reason you didn't hear from me for so long was because my apartment got infested with bird mites, and I had to move out. It was 45 days of hell. I had been working on the game on and off, but the good news is that now I'm back, and I plan to finish the final episode by this month.
If all goes well, I'll be able to release the game by the end of August or in early September.
Here's the current status:
- All artwork has been completed.
- Episode 4 completion status: 65%
- Music and other resources in place.
- Completed proofreading and testing upto Episode 2.
- Chapter 3 has been completed. (Playtesting and squishing a gazillion bugs as I write this)
- All art for Chapter 3 has been completed.
- UI has been redesigned. (Again...)
- Started working on an OP video. (With a pretty dope song, too)
- Watched Avengers
Just dropping in to say I've made a few changes to the game's demo.
- Edited the Blue Moon Inn and Alex's Apartment and improved the mapping.
- Changed some character artwork and made it more consistent with the overall art.
- Fixed some typos and inconsistencies.
- Redesigned the UI and made it more consistent.
I was on vacation for most part of the last month, hence the lack on communication and updates. I also progressed relatively less on the development, but here's the
progress report nonetheless.
- Reworked on the UI. It's now more consistent, uniform and space efficient.
- Changed character artwork and styles. The art is now more sharp and slightly higher contrast.
- Finished all character art for episode 2. (Episode 2 completion rate is now 100%)
- Finished making all maps of episode 3. Writing is 50% complete. Planned deadline for episode 3 is end of march. (Excluding character art)
- Fixed some bugs and changed some design related stuff based on the feedback I got from the players who tried out the demo. Thanks guys!
- Started working on Episode 3 of the game (25% complete as of this day).
- Created a discord channel.
- Created a trailer and uploaded the first public demo.
- Made UI several improvements.
- Started working on a new "Catch" mechanic that allows the player to use their opponents own words against them.
It's been a long wait, but it's finally here.
The Eva Reynes Demo is now available for download.
I tried to make it as polished and bug-free as I could, but please keep in mind that this is an early demo, and there are chances that you'll encounter a few hideous typos, ugly bugs and and stuff that can blow your computer to smithereens. (Okay, the last part may have been an exaggeration)
If you do, it'll help the game a lot if you could report the bugs so that I can fix them immediately.
If you play the demo, I'd really really really appreciate it if you could leave a short (or long) feedback. This is my first detective game and it has been a challenging journey thus far. Your feedback will help me make this a better game.
Hi dudes and dudettes (okay, I admit that sucked),
I know I'm about a week late, but in spite of the laziest month of the year, I actually managed to finish Episode 2 on time. Yeah, I'm kinda surprised myself.
So without further ado, here's what's happened:
- Finished the writing and development of Episode 2(artwork is 30% complete).
- Finished working on the Deduction system.
- Did lots of bugtesting, proofreading and fixing for Episode 1.
- Added a Journal.
- Increased the font size.
- Made the difficulty relatively easier with improved hints and no penalty for first repeat in Discourse Battles. Also increased the overall time available for responding
The next goal is to get a public demo ready by the end of January and finish Episode 3 by February. Looking forward to your support on Kickstarter!