This game was created for the Just RTP Game Jam (August-September 2020).
THEME: In Search for a Miracle
ENGINE: RPG Maker MZ
The game is a prototype! If you find any bug, or you just want to give your feedback, please leave a comment below!
We all want to make our wishes come true.
Every night I used to watch the stars with her
and dreamt with open eyes.
She used to say, “Don’t tell me your wish,
or the miracle won’t ever happen!".
I never was one to believe in
children stories and fairy tales.
And I never thought the
legend of Reliquia to be true.
Reliquia is a game about three adventurers looking for a miraculous artifact that can make any wish come true. But just one of them will be able to fulfill his dream and the other two are doomed to be consumed by the artifact.
You'll discover events from the characters' backstory after you defeat each boss (Entity) in the game, and your choices will lead you to one of three different endings.
Vagrant is an aggressive character that can slice his foes with his trusted scimitar. He has two stances in combat: Nomad and Shaytan Dance. In the first mode, Vagrant will be less aggressive and will recover SPs each turn, while in the second mode, Vagrant will gain a new kit of skills (mainly Fire-based skills) and he'll become a classic glass-cannon type of character. While in Shaytan Dance, Vagrant will lose HPs and SPs each turn, but he'll be much more powerful.
Hunter is a tough gunweilder. Each firearm will change his SP pool (ammunition) and he'll be able to shoot one or more bullets in the same turn.
He can also use his defensive skills to protect his allies, or infuse the remaining bullets with different elements.
Finally, he can Reload all the bullets in his weapon. But having a full magazine isn't always the better choice: thanks to his passive skill "Danger Sense", if Hunter runs out of bullets, he will increase his defense.
Sorceress is a magic user that draws strength from the stars. She has two stances: Sun and Moon Phases. In the first Phase, Sorceress can use her healing and supportive spells, while in the second Phase, she will damage and debuff enemies. Thanks to her passive skill "Astral Phase", Sorceress will change Phase each time her SPs reach zero. She can also trigger manually the Astral Phase by using Solar/Lunar Eclipse, that will consume all the remaining SPs and will heal allies or damage foes, respectively.
- 2~2:30 hours long
- 3 Endings
- Classic turn based combat.
- Melee & Guard: each skill will act according to the user's Agility, but Melee & Guard work differently. Guard always act first, will halve the incoming damage for the current turn and restores user's HPs. Melee attack will act just after Guard and will deal 30 fixed damage to the target. Use it to finish weaker foes.
- Weapon Skills: Vagrant and Sorceress gain new abilities based on their equipped weapon, while Hunter varies his SP pool.
- Characters won't level up, but they gain Memory Points, the game's currency.
- With Memory Points you can materialize new items or learn new skills.
- There's no Game Over! If you lose a battle, you lose half of your Memory Points and you'll respawn at the last checkpoint.
- Customize your characters with Mementos (Accessories) and by forging Runes (Upgrades).
- Exploration skills: each time you defeat an Entity, you'll gain a new exploration skill that will unlock new passages in the Temple.
- Challenging experience: the game might be a bit hard, but if you lose a couple of times, you'll unlock some powerful equipment that will help you completing the game (use these at your discretion).
No blog entries have been posted yet.
- RPG Maker MZ
- Adventure RPG
- 09/24/2020 11:05 AM
- 01/06/2021 08:57 PM