Thanks for the quick fix, I can confirm that the skill works as intended now, even though I didn't have any use for the skill anymore after having leveled up to maximum level (99) during my first visit on the Senecian continent. :D Well, it wasn't really necessary, but it's certainly a good idea at this point to at least obtain "Safeguard Rings" for everyone.
I just completed my playthrough, and I can gladly state it's another good game made by you. Compared to "Saving the Planet: 90's Style" and "Standard Disney Fare", I enjoyed this one even a bit more, since it felt more like a classic JRPG (and because I still prefer MV over MZ games). If I didn't know better, though, I would think the game's title referred to Heather's skill "Meteor Shower", which I spammed ad infinitum. ;)
Unfortunately, I'm still missing a few bestiary entries, and given that access to two dungeons is cut off permanently over the course of the game, I'm afraid I will have to live with the shame of an incomplete bestiary. Still, I'm curious where the following monsters could be or could have been encountered (my playthrough lasted nearly 40 hours, because I fought so many battles, so maybe these monsters should appear more frequently, or perhaps they don't appear at all):
- Between "Steam Dragon" and "Zapper"
- Between "Vacbot" and "Shadow Blade"
- Between "Robo Sentry" and "Shield Projector V.2"
- Between "Shield Projector V.2" and "Cattle Prod"
- The three entries between "Magic Pest" and "Departed Guard"
- Right of "Sphinx" (final entry), might or might not be reserved for the final boss.
I also encountered some (potential) bugs/oversights, so you might be up for another "probably last" update. :)
- When pressing Esc at green Save Crystals, the "Shelter" option is chosen instead of the "Cancel" option.
- Heather was supposed to learn "Emergency Exit" after reaching level 34 (but she didn't).
- It shouldn't be possible to target party members when using Tania's steal skills (when doing so, the game crashes).
- Vincent's skills "Death Strike", "Toxic Gas" and "Dragon Breath" shouldn't be usable from the menu.
- Vincent's Gravity skills "Gravity Field" and "Black Hole" probably shouldn't have the element of his equipped weapon attached (at least it's not fun to accidentally heal an enemy for 25% or 50% of its maximum HP, even though damage is capped at 9999).
- The counters for (most) status conditions don't decrease after a turn has passed, which makes units inflicted with Sleep totally helpless (although this issue largely works to the player's favor)
- Some items aren't consumed when making the related bullets (like Dense Globe or Blood Fang).
- The exchange 1 Arctic Ring for 99 Frozen Shots doesn't work.
- Canaburg: When leaving the equipment shop, the player is placed at the entrance of the building right next to the equipment shop.
- Sequence breaking (Canaburg): The scene in Vincent's apartment triggers even if the player hasn't visited Sophie's house before.
- Dam west of Canaburg: On the map that contains the code-protected treasure chest, the door/passage in the lower left corner (where the party originally comes from) loops with itself instead of leading back (although there's still a way back, since the whole dungeon is constructed like a circle).
- The same looping back issue occurs in the cave leading to Canaburg, second version only (door/passage north of the two treasure chests that contain 5x Full Potion and 1x Focus Band in the cave's second version), so the player can't go back the way he came from, and there's only a short time frame later to revisit the dungeon. At least this issue isn't game-breaking if the player returns here after the second Canaburg visit, because the player can still open the elevator door in the laboratory from the outside (but still not from the inside, which doesn't make sense). If the looping issue is fixed, it can be made so that the elevator door can't be opened from the outside for the sake of consistency (until the location can't be accessed anymore later).
- Canaburg, government office (second time around onwards): The receptionist says that General Felchers hasn't been seen in days, but she can still be encountered on the fourth floor until the end of the game (same spot and dialogue as during the first visit at the beginning of the game).
- The space station's shop sells two different (identical) Sunlight items.
- The "Explosive Device" isn't removed from the inventory (key items section) after having been used.
- Adelburg (after returning from the Heliobeam): Captain David, Dr. Marshall and Cheryl don't feature updated dialogue immediately (Cheryl's not even present), but only after the party realizes in Bilfurt that their usual means of transportation can't be used this time.
- Crater dungeon (where the party encountered Uncle Williams for the first time): The party still can't venture into the dungeon beyond a certain point after returning from the Heliobeam, even though the person that once was the reason for this restriction isn't a threat anymore at this point.
- Sagarisk: It's possible to permanently lose (access to) the ship by entering the city from the north side (via the pier) or from the right side (directly from the ship). Not game-breaking (since the end-game takes place on the Soldarian continent), but very inconvenient (since the player loses access to everything besides the Soldarian continent).
- Canaburg, government office (after returning from the Heliobeam): If the cutscene on the highest floor isn't triggered by walking over the central trigger tile, the game freezes (game-breaking). When triggering the cutscene by walking over the left or right trigger tile, for some reason, the secretary returns and gets stuck behind Circe, which doesn't happen when walking over the central trigger tile.