I'm planning on putting Saving the Planet: 90's Style on Steam in a few weeks or months (when I have the spare money). It's mostly only been audio changes this time round (taking out for non-commercial use tracks), along with the title screen which now has the legal information on it, and a credit to the creators of Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Ted Turner and Barbara Pyle.
I've also made an official trailer for it which is on YouTube, you can see the embed on the game page. I'll also be using this for the trailer on Steam.
Only one gameplay bug has been found and fixed. You could go into the Sumina Mines ahead of Fraude Shakedon's episode, this is no longer possible.
NOTE: Please ignore what I said about Steam. I've had a look at all the legal things and such on Steam earlier today, and I've decided against it. It seems like more trouble than it's worth when I was only planning to get a few dollars from this. I'm instead going to put that money most likely towards rpgmaker.net and keep putting my games here.
Thanks to the latest feedback I've received I've been able to fix the following bugs in the game that I was unaware of.
1. The lift in one of the apartment buildings in Farlbina has been fixed. Removing the glitch of going to non-existent floors. (this was a remaining from when they had more floors)
2. The Jet Ring can now be equipped. (protects against blind)
3. An enemy which never featured in the game has been removed from the bestiary, which made it impossible to complete. (please note the final two entries are from the final boss battle so will never be shown to be complete)
4. The corridor in the civic centre in Harelsha can't be accessed until the episode with Faik-Doubledeal. After the scene with Faik-Doubledeal it can no longer be accessed. Previously, the door to the corridor remained unlocked for the entirety of the game.
Just to let you know that the fifth demo of "Saving the Planet: 90's Style" has been uploaded.
Considering that the final episode is going to be quite short and direct compared to the previous ones, I've decided to group it with episode six. If I did do it separately, it would likely be put up less than a week later after episode 6.
I expect this last demo, a.k.a the completed game, to be uploaded by or before the end of the month. I'm making a push to get this project done now.
Just to let you know that the fourth episode of "Saving the Planet: 90's Style" has been uploaded.
I don't think there's any bugs but please post a message if you come across anything. To have the new party change system take effect, talk to the woman outside CF Fashions in Aervis (First town in the game). She's standing next to the save crystal.
Just to let you know that the second demo/eco alert of Saving the Planet: 90's Style has been uploaded.
If you saved outside Islisford before the final scene in episode 1, you'll be able to continue on from there.
A few changes have been made since the last demo.
1. The amount of gold received from battles has been lowered.
2. The damage dealt by spells has been raised (an effective spell does double the damage of one which would deal normal damage. Nina's "Grenade" and "Explosion" spells deal 2.5 more damage.)
3. There's an enemy book which has been added. This gives a short description on foes encountered in the game, and lists the odds of the item drops. In-game credit will be added in the next demo.
Leave feedback if you want to, or if there are any errors. Note that enemy encounters on the world map only appear around the locations where game events have taken place. Other places will be filled in as I get to them as the game develops.