Check the latest updates on Discord!
MechGears is an action-rpg with an (optional if you wish so) stealth system. With gameplay and some of the settings inspired by the original MSX Metal Gear, MG2 Solid Snake, MG Ghost Babel and Metal Gear Solid.
An adventure crafted to homage and at the same time parody this series of games as a serious story gets a big side of irony and dark humor.
Join not-so-rookie mercenary girl “Blood Snake” Andy as she fights petty villains, greedy armies, strange creatures and giant mechanical enemies, as she is witness to the atrocities of war in punny named places, points out logic-flaws, and faces moral dilemmas that you can really care nothing about, as battles are fought with bullets, wits and a lack of seriousness.
The skill toolkit, items and encounters are designed around resource management and use of CC (Crowd Control) abilities to manage populated encounters in case of active combat and the use of stealth to reduce potential enemy reinforcements and total numbers in sneaking sections, the game autosaves before each big encounter or boss fight and the content is tested to ensure you have enough resources to get through the fight with plenty of pickups (if you don’t waste them) ammo is readily available as is a myriad of skills to decimate enemies, the enemies might not be full of tactical geniuos skills, but they aren't completely dumb as they will dodge your shots, use tools of their own and will try to put some distance between you and them constantly.
- A real time action battle system. Simple, but familiar to MMO players, with a skill bar where abilities and tools can be slotted for quick access in combat.
- A completely animated Weapons and tools system ranging from handguns to rocket launchers , vehicles and traps where every projectile is animated and thanks to collisions can be dodged.
- Battle against mercenary soldiers, warlord armies, dictatorial governments, mechanical contraptions, and weird creatures through a wide range of environments.
- Use the terrain and layouts to your advantage as you jump across tables and gaps, take cover behind destructible objects, ride vehicles and mounted weapons, silently sneak through vents and drains to skip past enemies, or just take them out head on!
- Make allies (or enemies) throughout the world as you take desicions on the field, reputations and standing changes will affect the amount and difficulty of missions available.
- Accept numerous quests from your typical killing enemies all the way to sneaking, rescuing hostages and spy missions!
- Maps full of small details and a lot of interactable objects, custom behaviors and animations to fully flesh cutscenes, interactions, skills and battles.
Minimum and Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Microsoft® Windows® Vista / 7 or newer
- Processor: 2.0 GHz CPU /2.6+ GHz CPU
- Memory: 2048 MB RAM / 4096+ MB RAM
- Graphics: OpenGL 4.1 capable GPU / 1GB+ Dedicated video card
- DirectX: Version 9.0+
- Storage: 780 MB available space