• Add Review
  • Subscribe
  • Nominate
  • Submit Media
  • RSS

More Progress, much to report. :O

Programming THE HOLE and DJINNI
Still continuing progress on "THE HOLE" and then I had another idea for a sidequest that would take Danny through a place called THE CITADEL OF THE DEAD. I also added a 29th character, Hector the Specter. Yeah yeah, I know.

The Hole I also added a unique icon that shows up, where a Genie named DJINNI helps you out at points in the hole - she acts as a save, item shop, weapon shop, armor shop. There's gonna be lots of angel statues around here, maybe another dimension skip - revealing another character, Danny's sister Cassidy, using the VIIRPG material base. I also had ideas where there would be faux elemental forms of Cassidy as fights, and the last 'form' would be a Dark Cassidy. Kinda like Nega Danny but wackier. :O The puns are onyx-ceptable ok. Though he will join you shortly after traveling through the Withered Forest.

I also added a particular scriplet, well, "eventing" to the Withered Forest battles where when shadows pass by in the forest, shadows ultimately affect the enemy group or the party, though it's random chance by the party having a 30% chance of being effected or the enemies being effected by a 70% chance - the 'variable' is random 1 through 100 and then conditional branches take over, and if a 0, then nothing happens. In the next elemental tower, the Earth Spire, to each battle, I also added a 'scriplet' where the tower shakes in the beginning of each battle - the screen shakes during battle, causing the enemies or your party to quake - like getting knocked down in dragon quest but you're 'knocked down' for two turns straight and then the state abates. Trying to add more nuance to the battles and make the game more 'inventive' - I guess I'm really trying to break the walls here in terms of making a decent game. It's kinda like zones in Alter Aila Genesis but I wouldn't really call it a zone. Things that make the game more interesting. Last night, I also animated two other summons, the ABYSSAL DEVIL which deals 200+MND dark damage and inflicts shadow upon the enemies, and the HAVOCK WIZARD which deals 100+MND dark and chaos damage, I think that causes the havock status. That too - not just making a FF summon but a summon that makes sense for the game's atmosphere and feel, FF summons just seem to be copy paste into people's games. :/

I also added a skill unto spirits where spirits will merge into a larger spirit - the skill knocks out the enemies and then reveals a hidden enemy so they aren't quite 'merging' but its' still a neat idea. Dunno how I would affect just 2 into 1, I can't figure out how to do that since RPG Maker is picky.

New Summons, States, Skills close to 1000
A new summon, is also the Queen of Hearts Army, where four Cards run onto the screen and deal 100+ damage that ignores the enemy groups DEF. Don't want to make something too overpowered. Though there's no casting for summons in Danny 3, there's item use as they are hidden inside of gemstones or rubies. I'm getting close to 1000 skills so far. :O Writing. I have also done a couple new statuses - Entropy, Doom, Stop, Bane, and Bleeding - Entropy is like confusion but half DEF and AGI, Bane is a form of being cursed where an allies' MP depletes overtime since I'm trying to write against using "Drain" or similarly written things.

More Unique Music, could use some help.
One thing I also want for the game is a couple unique tracks since the game uses RPG Maker 2000 music, XP music, VXA music, and RPG Maker SNES tracks. I wish I could get SNES sound effects too - dunno if I want to rip myself or if they even exist on rpgmaker.net. Like I'd like there to be a unique track for certain boss fights like The Queen of Hearts possessed by Lieutenant Darkness. I was looking into RPG Maker Playstation 2 music but where are MP3's??? Any pointers would be cool.