Gracie, Ireus, and Desmond, mage novices from Heartwood Academy, are summoned into the Head Spellcaster's office due to their supposed behavioral problems. They are sent to the Heartwood Basement to do some chores, learn to cooperate, and reflect on themselves, but a little accident whisks them to a mysterious realm reigned by dancing crystals. How exactly are these three troublesome teens going to work together to find their way out?
Update: While you wait for the demo, see the Cast of Characters and the Setting for more in-world info!
This game contains the following:
- A party of three mages, plus one rat
- Spell tomes to find, equip, and acquire different spells from
- Experience Orbs, a system for manually boosting and customizing stats
- Puzzles to solve, mazes to conquer, and battles to grind
- A Help Ewe to help you
This game might be for you if:
- You enjoy solid characterization.
- You'd like something fresh, simple, and light.
- You want to easily and quickly complete a game.
This game might not be for you if:
- It is difficult for you to play with RTP and/or default features.
- You are sensitive to flashing lights and screens.
- You struggle with color puzzles and level grinding.
- You are skiptext-eager.
Update Nov 14, 2022: There is a massive game-breaking bug that the encryption is causing. I have decided to remove the Demo link for the moment.
Known bugs for Demo V2.0 for anyone who downloaded it:
- The map on the lower-right of Area 2 (the one with the birds) will sometimes lock you out of the whole map and lock you out of the game.
Walk down the left side of that ramp and you'll be fine.I currently do not know what works 100% and what doesn't work 100%.
- The asset decrypter sometimes cannot read the encrypted assets, leading to a bug that occurs rather very frequently and stops the game altogether. I currently do not know of a surefire way to at least minimize how often this bug occurs, but tinkering with the saves in the "www" folder somehow "fixes" it???
Estimated demo runtime: 1-2 hours
No blog entries have been posted yet.
The title screen for Arcanium:Magia, featuring the characters (from left to right) Desmond, Gracie, Charles, and Ireus.
A scene from the intro of the game, featuring Head Spellcaster, Mistress Jewel, speaking to the three mages in her office. Note that sprites and faceset are subject to change.