I need somebody to co-develop the project with me, the requirements are:
1. MUST work with Photoshop (CS3 and above). I use overlays in all maps, and to be able to help me with mapping we need to be with the same tools. Help in map development is what I need the most at the moment.
2. I might need help with dialogues too, so being creative in that area and have a wide vocabulary sure helps.
3. You don't need to be a great scripter or eventer, but it would help of course.
Download link below:
Remember it is still WIP, so there might be errors despite all the beta testing, and a LOT will still change in the next releases, maybe even everything!
Last update: November 16th, 2010
- Teaser RELEASED, check download link and don't forget to give me feedback!
- Teaser almost complete, looking for beta testers.
- New screenshots, relatively official ones finally.
- New screenshots, finished intro and starting the actual game scenes.
- A couple new screenshots, about the battle system exchange member and a test mapping one about little characters.
- New Screenshots, finishing up many menu and battle scenes.
I am almost done with the Prologue of the game, containing a little of the content of game. It is short, but since it uses many of the making techniques I will be using whole game it is already a big step. Before actual release I want to "hire" 1 or 2 beta-testers, that would also help me with a little things I am still in doubt with. If one you are interested, please reply to this topic.
After beta-testing and some touches are made I will release it, maybe in about 1 week or 2. I don't like giving specific dates, lol, it is a hobby, not work.
A Dust Tale is a project I am creating based on ideas i've had long ago. It is a little hard for me to create a short version of the story and put it here because everytime i tried it came out different than what actually will take place in the game. Anyway, I am putting a lot of work in order to make it very unique and interesting for an rpg maker game. The ideas, both for story and for gameplay are very much based in games and stories i've seen, such as Final Fantasy, Xenogears, and many more, but the mix of them and some details are my own, which create something new. I really expect people to see certain things and think "wow, just like in that game i loved" because that's exactly the feeling I get when i'm making it.
I consider myself sort of old-school when it comes to rpg maker, having used pretty much all versions of it for almost 10 years, with long hiatus of course. I am well aware there has always been preferences on people, such as the dispute VX - XP or Sideview BS - Action BS and I will always use the one that helps me best achieve what i'm looking for, don't count me into any "clubs" to worship one or the other.
The sci-fi theme is a little harder to create than the fantassy one, specially because of the availability of materials and even the game engine itself is geared towards fantasy settings, but i'm doing my best to keep it working, and whenever I need help I will ask around the forums.