Ah, sorry for the inconvenience once again, but in lieu of a bug that won't allow you to continue the game unless it is resolved, plus some other recently spotted minor errors, for those of you who have already downloaded the game, please download the latest patch below and extract the files into the Seraphic Blue English game folder:
Okay, first thing's first. Drifloon has recently just begun the 2nd half of his image/text playthrough of Seraphic Blue, so if you find the 1st half enjoyable to read, here's the 2nd half!
Okay, the next part. Now that I'm done with the translation of Seraphic Blue, what's next for me? Well, I have some more games that I plan to translate, and below is the list of games:
1) Seraphic Blue DC Altered - Yes, there's actually a fan-made upgraded version of Seraphic Blue that has virtually the same story as this version, but has highly advanced gameplay in addition to optional bosses and new moves. I haven't played through this version yet, but from the looks of some gameplay videos over at Youtube, I can see just how advanced the gameplay in the Altered version is compared to the version here at RMN. This one shouldn't take too long to translate since the only texts that I need to translate are the ones associated with the new gameplay. I will refrain from posting a video of the gameplay here because most of the videos of this version on Youtube are spoiler-heavy.
2) Nocturne Rebirth - This game is popular for its advanced gameplay and flashy battle animations and has a decent story. It tells of a vampire who is about to start his hunt as usual in a town when he met a girl that changed everything about him. Oh, and awesome music, of course. Below is a video of the Nocturne Rebirth trailer:
P.S. In case you're wondering, yes, my avatar is actually the main character of the above game :p
3) Aedemphia - Yep, you read that right. Once this game is complete, which looks to be the case soon, and there are no further patches after the game's completion, I will play through it before possibly attempting to translate this grand game, picking up from where Creation, the translator of the Aedemphia English demo, left off. If I do venture into translating this game, it will be my first attempt at translating French into English, which I think should be easier than Japanese to English. For those who don't know about this game, below is the link to a trailer of the game.
4) Another Moon Whistle (and possible the other Moon Whistle games?) - Well, I haven't gotten around to playing this, but I've read that it's a pretty well-received game in the Japanese community along with the others. It has the nostalgia of Earthbound (and and is set in contemporary Japan. Oh, and can I say the presentation of the game itself is pretty cute, though the tone of the game is pretty serious. At least from what I read, anyway. Regardless, I will give this a try and perhaps translate this as a side project. Here's a gameplay video of the game:
5) Grand Intention: Adjustment I have played the original, and the reason I highlight this game is because of its unique combo-turn-based battle system. However, it does have its problems, and battles, especially boss battles, tend to feel kind of tedious. This remake, though, looks to be shaping up to be good so I will see how it goes. Unfortunately, there isn't a video of this on Youtube, but this website should give an idea of what the original version looks like, and the official website should give an idea of what the remake will be like.
Having said that, I probably will only end up translating the first 3 games but not the last two as the latter don't seem worth my time to translate. That may change after I get myself to playing them, though.
So that's my plans for now. Whether all of them will materialize or not, only time will tell. But I have a good feeling about the 1st three games ~ ~
Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy Seraphic Blue!
Sorry for the trouble, but I apparently missed translating two pictures which contain Japanese words. Hence, for those who have already downloaded the game, please download this patch via the link below and extract the files into the Seraphic Blue English folder. I also made a few minor fixes/adjustments in the game.
Go get it, guys! The long-awaited full release of the English version of Seraphic Blue is out now! Thank you for all your support for this game, whether it be directly or indirectly! I have ironed out everything I can, and I'm satisfied with the final product (though I may upload another patch if need be).
Now, I still have some other things to say, but I'll save that in a few hours' time. For now, though, have fun!
EDIT: Well, now that the full translation is out, I have the time to write blogs about this game. The thing is, I've actually had a number of stuff that I want to talk about, but couldn't due to spoilers. I want to wait until majority of players have played the game before I reveal stuff about the game such as spiritual prequels to Seraphic Blue (made by the same person), the game having been featured in an English article (which contains spoilers), an alternative ending, several trivia, and several more stuff.
Well, those blogs will come in due time, but until then, enjoy the game first! :)
It's been far too long. 4 years in the translating, to be exact. And sorry for the long wait, but Seraphic Blue is officially in post-translation stage! Yes, this means I have officially completed my translation as of this blog. I only need to iron out some parts in the game before it is ready for release.
That being said, I've tentatively set the release date to be October 14 2014. It could be later or earlier, but definitely no later than October.
So for those of you who have played the 1st half of the game and are dying to get your hands on the 2nd half, you can rest assured that the 2nd half is packed with loads of action! I'll probably post one or two videos in time to come. But for now, here's a fan art by a Japanese:
In case you're wondering, the Japanese words literally/roughly translate as "An RPG that involves saving you".
So mark you calendars! 'Cause the full version is coming! And stay tuned!
This playthrough stands out from others in that many of the player's reactions to several dialogues and texts in the game are simply hilarious. It certainly made my day when I read through it, and I can't believe I actually found this only recently. You just have to read it to see why. Note that this playthrough is of course the playthrough of the current demo version (without new revisions and all). And it is thanks to this very playthrough and Drifloon that I manage to find mistakes which I have just fixed and which I will be fixing/revising once I'm done with the translation.
Speaking of which, I'm just done with Episode 42. Two more episodes to go! Stay tuned!
Hey subscribers/fans of Seraphic Blue and everyone else,
Woohoo! Just want to say that the profile page has hit 100,000 views! Thanks for all the support for Seraphic Blue! I can assure you that the 2nd half of Seraphic Blue will be more exciting than the 1st!
Here's to more views and downloads in the months to come!
Haha well this is just a small update to say that my partner-in-crime (well, proofreader, actually), kumada, has officially embarked on an adventure towards unexplored territories that is Episode 25 and beyond, and so once he's made further progress, I will ask him to perhaps post some updates on his in-game progress so that he can give you a heads up on what to expect from Episode 25 onwards from his point of view :)
Also, for those who are paying attention to the front page, you'll see that I have already finished translating 40 episodes of 44, so yeah, it's definitely fast and steady progress. This means...4 more episodes to go plus the ending/epilogue! It looks like my goal of finishing the translation by end 2014/early 2015 is very much possible! Here's hoping I can keep up with this steady progress as the translation work gets closer to its end :) (kumada still has a lot to catch up in terms of proofreading, though, but I think he'll be able to catch up soon enough :))
Well, that's all for now. See you again in the next blog and stay tuned!
This is just a small update that I have added a "Current Translation Progress" on the front page. This is so as for you guys to keep track of my translation progress so that you can prepare for when the full game is near. And as you can see, I have 6 more episodes to go :) I will update this current translation progress from time to time.
Progress has been going good so far, so here's to maintaining this good progress to the finish!
Just a little update to the progress. The slightly bad news is that I will have to delay completion tentatively to end of this year due to my busy schedule. And the consolation good news is that I am left with 8 more episodes to translate. But even though I have 8 left, those 8 episodes will still take a while to finish, so while I may not be able to finish by this year given my busy schedule, I will still do my very best to finish it.
In other news, today, 15 May 2014, marks the 10th anniversary of Seraphic Blue's release (wow, time sure flies :)). I don't exactly have plans to celebrate the 10th anniversary, but I do have plans for interesting surprises when the game translation is finally completed, because much of the plans that I have in store are more suited for the game's full release rather than this 10th anniversary, so I would rather keep the surprises until then.
And one last thing, sorry if I keep you guys waiting for too long! I know you probably have been waiting ages for this to be completed, but rest assured, it will be completed. Just a matter of time :) So please be patient a little more!