Wandering Souls is a fan game based on Touhou Project. Since this game focuses way more on gameplay than story, you don't necessarily need to know anything about the Touhou universe to enjoy it.
- More than 30 hours of nonstop action.
- Original gameplay that mixes genres (A-RPG, beat 'em up, platformer, danmaku), fully programmed in the Ruby language.
- A dynamic and fluid battle system with lots of available actions.
- 12 playable characters, each with unique attacks.
- Evolving weapons and accessories.
- 3 difficulty modes so that any type of gamer can enjoy the game.
- Fully customizable controls and joystick compatibility.
Need more info about the game? Check out this video from NoxieNation:
- This game won some awards in the French contest Alex d'Or 2012: Best Game (3rd), Gameplay (1st), Programming (1st), and Graphics (2nd).
- Most of the graphics were taken from other games (including the Touhou fighting games, Maple Story, and Donkey Kong Country).
- All the musics are from the original Touhou games.