• Add Review
  • Subscribe
  • Nominate
  • Submit Media
  • RSS

Back From The... Not... Quite... Dead?

  • Travio
  • 04/12/2014 05:29 PM
So, I found a backup today. And it was fairly close to the point where I lost data. Which is awesome - so, I popped production back open and started to poke around to continue to work on this when...

I looked at the scripting. Oh god, oh god, the scripting. It's a mess. I don't know what I was doing in a lot of places because, even with commenting, it doesn't make sense (I appear to be reusing RMXP's built in variables... several places.... that don't mesh well with multiple uses).

So! First step!

The entire scripting section is going to be rewritten where it needs to be with everything I've learned since then (and before, but didn't apply, because damn that's some ugly code). This is the first and most important thing I need to do. This'll see the combat engine sort of finished (it'll work, it just won't support the type of battlers I wanted to use yet) and hopefully the war and duel systems finished (probably with some heavy inspirations from similar scripts elsewhere).

Once that's done, the second step will be to go through everything I have so far and make it playable up until at least as far as the LSR demo of yesteryear. At that point, I'll be doing a demo of sorts - it won't be as pretty as I'd want, but it'll be playable none the less.

I'd like to get some public progress out on this so I can eventually do the other two games. Only time will tell.