Oh man. I never thought I'd be able to say this, but I am almost done with Chapter One of Storms of April. Almost. Heh.
I still need to... - Add boss fight to the end of the dungeon
- Add various sidequests
- Add various items (mostly the recipes for making various items, all of which have been planned out in advance)
- Balance EXP / Gold / Monster difficulties (I might need some help for this if you're interested)
- Event some cutscenes for important scenes
- Polish like crazy (sound effects, background music changes for mood, interactions with objects for those who are Enter-key crazy, etc.)
The list looks like a lot now that I'm looking at it XD but all in all, the game is very playable at this stage, just lacking story elements and things to do.
There are still some aspects I might want to go back and change. - One being the battle system. The combat is currently very dry. I'm using the Battle Symphony script, so it looks a little nice, but it's not at all unique. I want to look around at scripts to see how to spice it up a bit.
- Artwork. I've spent a lot of time on this game and it'd really suck if the RTP generator faces are what keep people from playing. I'd love to find an artist to draw busts for me. Meanwhile, I started using Celianna's Faceset Generator and came up with these:
What do you think? I love Alec's. But I am not sold on Tarin. April is alright =P I couldn't get her hair the same as before without making her look like a little boy. No eyelashes or different face shapes in the generator.
I might end up using these faces just because of the emotions. Have to convince myself to spend the money on busts >_< Unless someone wants to for free? Ehh? :D :D
Anyway, that's all for now! Thanks guys for staying patient with me!