So the time has come and soon the work on the 3rd title in the series shall begin.
Incitement 3 will be a commercial game once it's released, since going commercial can gain it much more exposure, and also for it to be as epic as I had envisioned, a lot of custom resources will have to be bought for it.
I also wanted to briefly mention some of the gameplay features that will definitely be a part of the game, and also many possible ones.
7 leading and 4 episodic characters
- One thing that will be different to the previous two games is that apart from 7 leading characters, there will also be short sections of the game where you'll get to play as 4 other characters. The main party will also not always be together and there will be a lot of instances where they'll have to split. That way I am hoping the player will get to try out all the characters.
New ammo system
- The ammo system in the first two games is a bit flawed, and after some suggestions from fans and supporters, I'm going to be making some changes to this mechanic. For one is that there will be warm ups and cool downs on certain skills, so that the battles can be more strategic rather than simply spamming the strongest attack over and over. Another mechanic is that some skills will use up unique ammo, which will add an extra flare to the battles.
- Since the one in Incitement 2 was such a big hit among the players, there'll be a hacking mini-game in the 3rd game as well. However, I am thinking of either making it completely different or perhaps using the same mini-game with a load of new features added.
More vehicle chase scenes
- One does not simply have an Incitement game without chase scenes. :D
Side-view battle system with animated battlers
- Akin to Atonement (my recently released commercial title), the battle screen here will be side-view and there will be animated battlers (all of which I'm hoping to create by myself).
For a list of possible features that might appear in the game, please see the discussion on Incitement 2 page on RMW
and join in if you have some suggestions. :)