Whooo! I was going to a big fancy thing for this but.. it didn't happen. I'll be tweaking some graphics but the story and gameplay is going to be majorly revamped and hopefully there will be custom music as well. Unity will be helping me out with creating battles.
If you are curious here is a complete list of everything that is going to be fixed/new stuff that will be implemented in the Scaredy Cat remake (spoilers!):
• Anxiety Meter – your choices and how you interact with people will affect your anxiety meter. Depending on where it is different scenes will play out differently. This leads to:
• 3 non static endings based on meter (good bad neutral)
• Intro will be chopped off.
• Possible flash back of Mia and Alexis’s relationship instead of the intro? Regardless more backstory for both.
• General fixing of sloppy writing and plot holes.
• Further character development for Maxie, Ellie and Cici through the use of side quests/puzzles with a focus on how they handle stress/anxiety.
• Maxie- Pushes herself too hard to overcome issues.
• Ellie- Very confrontational & in denial.
• Cici- Tries to ignore/run away from the issue. (Represented via. Gameplay where you have to run from/avoid monster creatures?)
• NPC’s have more than one line of dialog & possibly do more?
• Add some sort of puzzle to Erica’s potion making quest.
• Cat transformation thing w/ items rather that the weird floating cat orbs. Allows for transformation anywhere = more interactive and puzzles can use the effect.
• Better/More puzzles in castle
• 10 Battles: 1 intro/tut one feat the crying ghost. 8 ones resembling past ways Mia’s died (magic creatures created by Alexis) and Alexis herself
• Functional battle system (With Unity’s help!)
• Balance Items- Should be less of them.
• Fix perspective w/ some of the tile sets ie. tv & trees
• Diff body types in sprites
• New enemy battlers
• Battle sprites for the main characters
• New cgs!!!!!!
• Fix the water animation.
• New talk sprites
• New Castle tilesets. (Baroque style)
• New music (beat up Thomas until he does it for me)
• More puns
And here are the (rough drafts) of the new face sets!
Hey! Before I figured out that sprites had to be a certain size in rpg maker 2003 I made sprites for all the main characters in Scaredy Cat. For some reason I’ve never posted them all together so here they are!
So, the other day I realized that I had uploaded the wrong set of files for Scaredy Cat. I had uploaded an abridged version that I had made for the IGMC.
I thought I had fixed the link but I had actually just made it worse,(huge file size, an extra copy of the game inside it). I fixed it now (I had to go back in and reprogram a event and stuff).
If you've already played don't worry about it you aren't missing too much (just an extended fetch quest + more dialogue), BUT if you have downloaded and haven't started playing yet I would recommend re-downloading the game.
The link actually works now!
Update: there was a bug in the letter quest but it's fixed now.