A playable demo of Essence Enforcer for the event Revive the Dead, featuring an overhauled engine and streamlined play experience.
Essence Enforcer v0.7.4
(Nov 3 2014)
- Corrected the tutorial in Mission 3 to appear before action selection on the first turn.
- Corrected an issue where health bars weren't updated during action selection, resulting in incorrectly reported HP and Essences.
- Made several revisions to dialogue in Missions 1 through 3.
Essence Enforcer v0.7.3
(Nov 3 2014)
Advisory: This feature is complex and difficult to test. If you experience any issues with this feature, please PM me immediately.
- Added a Battle Retry feature! Upon losing a battle, the player is prompted to retry, adjust options, or abort the mission. Retrying will restore the player to their pre-battle state, and then grant then slight HP recovery.
- Added a "Retry: HP Recovery" option under Difficulty. This determines how much more HP the player retries a battle with, compared to how much they went in with. The default setting is 25% HP healed.
- Added a "Retry: HP Increase" option under Difficulty. This option grants the player additional stacking bonus max HP if they start a battle with full HP and lose anyway. The bonus max HP is removed upon winning a battle or aborting the mission. The default setting is 20% bonus HP.
- Added a "Retry: Damage Increase" option under Difficulty. This option grants the player additional stacking bonus damage output if they start a battle with full HP and lose anyway. The bonus damage output is removed upon winning a battle or aborting the mission. The default setting is 10% bonus damage.
SPELL REWORKS AND ADJUSTMENTS
Most of these abilities are unobtainable in Chapter 1, but are listed here since they can be used in the Boss Rush mode.
- Replaced "Might Charge" with a new spell, "Bloodbath." Deals 50% Phys damage to the target, times the number of Essences they hold.
- Replaced "Ardor Charge" with a new spell, "Firestorm." Each foe and ally deals and receives 30% increased damage for three turns.
- Replaced "Spirit Charge" with a new spell, "Capsize." Inverts Damage and Defense modifiers on all foes and allies.
- Replaced "Vigor Charge" with a new spell, "Conquer." 50% to 150% Earth damage to each foe. Deals more damage the healthier the user is.
- Replaced "Clear Charge" with a new spell, "Asphyxiate." 100% Air damage to target foe. Target loses any Essence the user currently holds.
- "Might Prayer" no longer provokes counterattacks from applicable enemies.
- "Stillness" now has a new effect: All healing is increased by 50% for three turns. (Formerly, prevented Essence gain for a turn.)
- "Fortify" now affects all allies and reduces damage for three turns. (Formerly, one ally for two turns.)
- "Becalm" now removes positive and negative effects from both foes and allies. (Formerly, just allies.)
- "Vanguard" now targets one ally and heals 40% of their missing HP, in addition to shielding the target. (Formerly targeted all allies with no heal.)
Most enemy adjustments have to do with potential lockdown/infinite sustain scenarios. Later enemies will be able to have sustain spells because the player will have access to several Heal Block abilities.
- "Parasite" enemies now cast Great Flood instead of Ebbing Tide.
- "Praetor Judicate" enemies now cast Asphyxiate instead of Ebbing Tide.
- Corrected an issue where "Gorechimera" did not properly count down to casting "Valknut."
- "Gorechimera" now has slightly less HP and deals considerably more damage. Its unique spells are unaffected, however.
- Corrected an error that misaligned status counters for enemies' status effects when viewing their status.
- Added an "Enemy Status Viewing Keybind" option under Gameplay. This setting lets the player bind a key to view enemy status during the Input phase. The default setting is Shift.
- Corrected an issue where Sesellia would shout praises for her own attacks.
- Corrected assorted spelling errors.
Essence Enforcer v0.7.2
(Oct 31 2014)
- Corrected a gamebreaking demo-exclusive error involving a missing BGM track during Mission 9.
- Added an "Accessibility" category to the Options menu.
- Added an "Easy Dialogue Reading" option under Accessibility. This setting lets uses adjust the contrast of dialogue windows.
- The "Screen Shake Intensity Limit" option has been moved to Accessibility.
- Added an "11%" setting to Screen Shake Intensity Limit to allow users a finer degree of control.
- "Parasite" enemies now receive 40% reduced healing from all sources. They now deal slightly more damage than before.
- The Earth Precept "Succor" now correctly states that targets all allies.
Essence Enforcer v0.7.1
(Oct 30 2014)
- Corrected a gamebreaking error involving the :L and :R inputs in menus.
- Corrected an error where frame count would advance at rapid speed in the title scene.
- Corrected an error that resulted in allies taking their Precepts with them when leaving the party.
Essence Enforcer v0.7
(Oct 29 2014)
- Initial game release. Contains Missions 1 through 9.
Your download should begin shortly, if it doesn't, click the button below.
Sacred Earth: Memory
After a mysterious tower suddenly appears, stretching endlessly to the heavens, a group of friends choose to set foot inside, and investigate just what it's appearance means for their future.
Quest Twilight Prince Prophecy Chronicles
A fully voiced epic otome game detailing a girl's journey into the wilderness of magic, mystery and intrigue.
The Farming One
It seems that you just bought a new farm. Congratulations! It’s located right next to a town whose people fled from a group of bandits.
The King's advisor is tasked with choosing the next heir to the throne.
Legion Saga X - Episode One: The Children of Prophecy
A fan updated version of the RPG Maker 2000 classic