a new version update is out for Hell Gates! This time it includes small bug fixes and quality of life improvements. I also added a few clues to the game that tell the player where he should go next. So if you had troubles finding your way on the island, this patch may help you out.
This patch is also backwards compatible. If you are playing with version 1.14 or 1.13 you can simply copy your save files from one game directory to another.
Oh, and when you need a break from saving the world, why not check out my blog where I discuss Hell Gates and check out other games? You can also find screenshot galleries with nice pics from other games there.
Full patch notes:
- New "visions" were added when picking up important key items.
- You can now repeat said visions when inside the crystal palace.
- The poison debuff drains less health, this change only affects the first few areas (beach, jungle, forest, mountain).
- The damage of the exploding skulls on the fire island was reduced.
- The shortcut after completing the fire islands cave now only appears when picking up the key item in that room.
- During both battles with the main antagonist: flames are no longer invisible when inactive, allowing easier positioning.
- The number of kills required to beat the true final boss was reduced from 10 to 8.
- The ultimate attack of the true final boss can no longer deal fatal damage.
- Damage numbers would sometimes disappear when fighting against respawning enemies, this should be fixed now.