Beloved Rapture is a narrative-driven indie game in the style of the “classic” role-playing games.
It combines the best elements of a SNES-era RPGs (an immersive game world, tough puzzles, dungeons), with a more "cinematic" focus - akin to an Adventure Game.
In its earliest form, the project originated all the way back in 2009 - but it was not until 2014/2015 that I pulled it out of hiatus, and truly redefined my overall vision for the game. I started recreating game from the ground-up.
In 2018, Beloved Rapture began the process of becoming "commercialized" - an ambitious undertaking to replace all of its graphical and audio assets - for an eventual release on Steam!
Rather than following a traditional narrative, BR moves through various "chapters" that explore every character's backstory--spanning across years, and even decades of time. Ultimately, the diverse cast is united in a single, tumultuous conclusion.
- Evocative storytelling that spans many hours and dynamic character scenarios.
- Retro-style, turn-based battle system - face off against many challenging enemies & bosses to gain new skills.
- Endless replay value: dozens of chests, items, and small secrets hidden on every map!
- Extensive soundtrack that boasts many beautifully composed, original tracks & sound effects.
- Simple and intuitive controls allowing high accessibility for players of all skill levels.
Follow Beloved Rapture's progress also on:
"There truly is no denying that this is one of the most beautiful RM games that's ever been released."