Beloved Rapture is SNES-styled turn-based RPG.
A story focused on existentialism, spirituality, friendship, LGBT themes, and identity.
The pixel art is greatly inspired by the 16-bit classics: Chrono Trigger, Secret of Evermore, FFVI, Terranigma, Rudras, and more.
Interpersonal stories take center stage in our narrative. Characters challenge not only the next looming dungeon boss—but themselves, and their own demons.
- An original soundtrack inspired by the 16-bit era.
- Nostalgic pixel art crafted with love.
- Classic “ATB” system - time-sensitive turn based battles, with fully-animated monsters.
- Maps and dungeons that are rich in detail, filled with hidden secrets.
- 5 unique playable characters - spanned across 4 distinct “chapters."
Johan, an introverted man from the countryside, finds himself thrown into a conflict beyond his comprehension. The Aeons—-an enigmatic & cultish militia-—move ever-closer to his hometown.
Now faced with a threat to his once-elysian way of life, Johan must contemplate the role he is destined to play in their escalating conflict.
At his side are Aiden, the mysterious son of a Shrine caretaker, who has trained since childhood in the mystic arts; and Crystal, a runaway noblewoman intent on ending the war before it reaches her family.
Through their travels, Johan is intrigued by Aiden's increasing fascination with him, as well as the appearance of Draco, an Aeon soldier with a connection to his own mother.