What is RPG Paper Maker?
RPG Paper Maker is a free game maker engine including a 3D universe with many 2D sprites and some simplified 3D objects. Pretty close to the RPG Maker series, RPG Paper Maker finally give a way to create RPGs in a totally 3D universe as easy as it is in 2D!
What type of game can you do with RPG Paper Maker?
The engine is mainly adapted to J-RPGs, but you can do any type of game with it such as A-RPGs, FPS, Tactical RPGs etc.
Is RPG Paper Maker free?
Yes, but only if your game is not commercial. It's a free software. However, any game made with the engine requires a license to be sold. Again, the price is not decided but low (~$30). So if you want to make games only for fun and for free, don't be affraid!
You can contribute to the project on GitHub here: https://github.com/Wano-k/RPG-Paper-Maker.
Options easy to reach for beginners :
- Many actions similar to the classical RPG Makers
- A 3D map editor with 2D sprites that can be easily customized/ripped by 2D graphic designers
- Simple 3D objects already available (with 2D textures editable)
- A graphic RTP pack to discover the engine
- A language manager : to allow the player to choose a language on the loading screen
Advanced options :
- For 3D pattern makers : you can export your own objects into the engine (.obj & .fbx)
- For programmers : scripting
Wano as Project Manager, Developer and Graphic & Objects Designer.
Elias Luukkanen as Music Designer.
Nick as Webmaster.
Special thanks to Solidboko!
Previously in the team : Belynda as Developer.