This tutorial shows you how to use images, instead of the show message command for dialogue cutscenes. Also, it shows how to move the player without using the Database. Some general knowledge of how to use Gimp is already expected.
1) Use a variable on a tile that the player can overlap.
2) Place an object on the scene that will control this event.
3) In the object settings, trigger the event using the area detection variable.
4) You can show an image and have it hide when the object changes.
5) The object can change with a button press.
6) Have animations in your player object that can't be controlled.
7) Execute object actions and tell the player to move.
8) Don't forget to use a control switch to stop the event from replaying.