WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

The thing is that it's not presented humourously or as a joke. It's literally depicted as 'this guy is awesome and a hero and every woman wants to be with him because they are shallow and want his dick, even the ones who tell him no straight off the bat'. The game presents that as serious, not jokingly.

Some actual quotes from the game.
"I'm Adam. I'm gay!! I can give you a blow job if you want. Tell me, swallow or spit?" "I swallow." "Good!! We can suck each other. Let me see your donger." "I like to swallow other things - souls."

"Even though you're tempting I made a promise not to fuck anymore after my husband died." "I don't care about your promises, just open your legs."

"Didn't know it was so good to have sex with a sleeping person... " "I should bring the drunk guy home so they think they've had sex with each other."

"It's been 10 years since we saw a dick. We had to resort to lesbianism to satisfy our sexual desires."

"Liked it bitch?" "Oh, it wasn't the old man?"

:This one he threatens her life then says that to live she needs to obey his commands: "1 - Take off your clothes. 2 - Sit on the oven. 3 - Spread your legs"

Beats up a succubus: "You're hot and I think a hawkdevilman would be cool..." "Don't Dare!"
After he rapes her: "You liked it, you bitch?" "Yeah... I'll never forget this day in all the rest of my eternal life..." "You're a horny devil, I've never fucked someone like you"

'maturity' isn't just about being desensitized to things -- a lot of people treat their jaded ability to be Not Offended like some kind of fucking superpower and it's fucking shameful

you know what's a far better mark of maturity? being able to think critically about something, even things you enjoy. understanding alternate viewpoints, even when you don't agree with them. knowing the difference between a well-executed joke and bigotry trying to use humour as an excuse. not dismissing other people's concerns with a smarmy 'well you're a tiny baby and my decrepit ass thinks you should grow up :)'.

and, you know, so on.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I assume it got rejected because it wasn't the kind of humor RMN wants to represent or be a part of. TBH, nothing in Liberty's description reads as "humor" to me, but I guess maybe if I was still a kid it might be "funny" purely due to shock value.

I'd like to think that humor for adults means more clever and possibly more nuanced humor, not just more inappropriate. Any jackass can turn their offensiveness dial up to 11. That's a teenager's mindset, not an adult's.
didn't you know? 'satire' is when you do something really shitty and then scream 'JUST KIDDING' at the audience.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Sorry I need to side track for a moment, but is that Patrick Stewart's face on that rolling boulder GRS? Or possible Bob Hoskins's, I can't tell.

What is that avatar?

e: Actually both Dietrich and Toht's melted, there was no implosion, he just ran out of wax on his cheeks.
it looks like Patrick Stewart to me but I cannot even guess at the context or meaning

a breathtaking mystery
This is why I ask for clarification on certain games when their description is worded a certain way or certain key words are used to describe it - I mean, it doesn't stop the dev from flat-out lying/misrepresenting the game to me, but it can help dig out the 'at the edge of the line' ones from the 'omg what the hell did I just play pass me the brain bleach please' ones.

If anyone's interested, I do have the notes from my playthrough of it. Just to note - it gets worse.

On the plus side, I really liked the mechanics of the battles (even if they were a little grindy for me). If he hadn't gone the horny teenager route it might even have been a decent game. As it was, I cheered every time the main character got killed in battle and I got to see the Game Over screen. Meant that the women of the world were safe.

http://pastebin.com/rzCYKzaU <- the notes.

Edit: It's Patrick Stewart. I'd know that mug anywhere.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
Well see, that's just it....it was the mechanics that got me to like the game.
Some of us got all the way to the Ice Orc or all the way to the Ice Orc in the video before stopping....

That's almost TO THE END OF THE GAME so there )~ )~ )~

Now let's see how many think that was a joke or that I'm serious :)
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
woooow

I mean, this has to be, like, a 14-year-old writing this, right? Please?

probably shouldn't have read that at work now that I think about it
full size for the curious:

author=slash
woooowI mean, this has to be, like, a 14-year-old writing this, right? Please?

Please remember: There is always more and it is always worse.
author=slash

he's 70
nhubi
author=Liberty
Edit: It's Patrick Stewart. I'd know that mug anywhere.
Yeah Patrick was my first impression, but Bob has a very similar half smile. I'm going to go with it being the talented Mr Stewart though that still begs the question, what the heck is it?

I am warily intrigued by the idea of reading your notes on that game.

I'm curious, is it going to be taken off 'denied' if he removes the 'horny teenage' angle, or makes a very obvious disclaimer about content? Or has it stepped over the line into vilification or grossly obscene? If some portion of the game had merit that should at least be acknowledged.
author=Liberty
Libby's notes

Holy crap. I understand now at least. That game sounds awful. I'm a little curious about the battles now, although I don't imagine that they're good enough to make up for the... everything else.
nhubi
author=slash

The person who wrote the game or Linkis?

The dev is a teenager, Linkis is 70.
The battles aren't that good. They require a lot of grinding in order to progress but the progression was increasing stats each level based on the amount of souls you'd consumed both in and out of battle. Out of battle there were a few souls you could consume - the elderly man who wanted to die because women wouldn't have sex with him anymore, a few of the men who'd hired prostitutes, the gay guy, the orc... they were scripted soul steals.

In battle you had a skill that let you 'eat' an enemy when they're life was below 20%. Apart from that it wasn't too different. You had a cool-down skill that regenerated most of your life/some MP and skills that you learned by levelling up (exp from monsters). You could raise stats either by equipping weapons/armour you found, eating fruit that you could buy or assigning points after a level-up.

Though it started interesting, it required too much grinding after a certain point (about the time you reach the second town) as monster health started to get into the thousands and you'd be stuck grinding up enough to just survive enemies, let alone beat them. It became quite imbalanced after doing the orc, and there was a bug that prevented going past the boss in the tower (I killed off one of his guards and it froze the whole game on me).

Overall, it wasn't that great, but in a game that is horribad, it's the only thing I can say had any kind of positive note to it. Not worth playing it for, though.
author=Liberty
the elderly man who wanted to die because women wouldn't have sex with him anymore

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
author=nhubi
The dev is a teenager, Linkis is 70.

they have similar views

both being about 14 years away from oblivion