SECRET SANTA 2023 ::

Pages: first 123 next last

It's that time of year again, folks! Time to give to your fellows~

What is this?
Why, it's Secret Santa, of course!

OH MY GOD! WHAT IS SECRET SANTA?!
It's a simple thing, really. Throw your name in the hat and get one in return. You are that person's Secret Santa and must keep the name secret from anyone! Then, before the due date below, you get them a present. On Christmas Eve, you will receive a gift from your own Secret Santa and happy fun times are had by all~

What counts as a present?
We usually like to keep it site-centric so stuff like reviews/media for games, short games that cater to that person's tastes, something for their game (resources/scripts/etc), a piece of fanart or fiction, a cool new avatar, something you think they'd like... that kind of thing. If you have a hard time coming up with ideas, you can ask me as an intermediary to ask them what they'd like.

If you have another idea for a gift, PM me and I'll let you know if it's fine.

So, how do you get in on this action?
Easy! Just give a holler in the comments below before the cut-off date. Simple, eh?

Rules are as follows:
- First rule of Secret Santa club. Don't talk about Secret Santa club.
- Second rule of Secret Santa club. See rule #1.
- In that same comment list a few things that are your interests or that you'd like to get. It could be a review for a particular game of yours, the fact you like legos and spiderman or something of the like.
- The cut-off date for joining is the 10th of December.
- You will have until the 22nd of December to send me via PM the gift for your Secret Santa.
- I will be posting who had whom in this thread on the 26th so don't go spilling the beans before then!

- If you suddenly need to drop out, PM me ASAP, and I'll do some rearrangements. It would be preferable that you don't drop out, though.

- Please make sure your gift is of decent quality. Put some thought and/or effort into the gift.

- Please do not include illegal or pirated items in your gift. Especially pirated games. I didn't think it needed to be said, but apparently, it does.

- To help others figure out what to give you, post in the comments for sign-up some things you're interested in, or that you would like to get.

How to submit
- For video submissions, use a free-hosting video site. There's plenty out there - Vimeo, DailyMotion, Googledrive, Twitch and the like.
- Send me the link via PM before the due date.
- For reviews and artsy stuff, send me the text/image/etc via PM before the due date.
- Do not add your reviews, arts or videos to the site until I say so in this topic.

Santas --> Santees
Liberty --> Soulrain
Marrend -- > Frogge
Soulrain --> OzzyTheOne
Frogge --> Delsin7
Strak --> pianotm
pianotm --> kiyasu
kiyasu --> Strak
OzzyTheOne --> Marrend
Delsin7 --> Liberty

Any questions, feel free to ask~

Helpers:
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I've skipped out on this for a year or two. Let's try getting back into it!

As for what I wouldn't mind receiving? Well, if I want to be honest, knowing people play my games is enough to put a smile on my face, let alone a thought-out review. I'll also never turn down additional Masako artwork, if one is inclined towards that kind of thing. There's plenty of examples of her already in my locker for those outside of the know which is everybody.
Third year in a row, let's do it!

Stuff I would like to receive this year range from games, either gifted or made from scratch, to art, to reviews of my projects on Itch. (here) Most of these games are playable online.
My interests, if you plan on making a game for me, are as follows:
- Game development
- Old technology (like phones, also see my youtube channel here)
- Terraria / Starbound / Other 2D survival games
- Pixel art
- Anything with my OC, Blu (I've made a few games starring him)

- Platformer games
- Racing games
- RPGs
- Puzzle games
- Action games

My steam wishlist:
here
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Yay! RMN Secret Santa! My favorite time of the year. Add me in please! I'm ready. As for the things on my gammak wishlist, it goes as follows:
1: Review and/or lets play of my games "Noel and the Tower of Doom" or "Chronicles: The Lost Page."
2: Fanart of any of my games or OCs. (original characters.) Would prefer if the fanart was from Noel and the Tower of Doom but Chronicles the Lost Page fanart is fine as well as long as you don't draw Treck fighting Karakal. (which is what I got last year)
3: If you can't manage either of those, you can always buy a game from my steam wishlist. My wishlist can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/KrimsonKatt/ My most wanted games on there are the Trails series, Touhou: Artifical Dream in Arcadia, Spark the Electric Jester 2&3, Record of Lodoss War: Deelit in Wonder Labyrinth, Freedom Planet 2, and Elden Ring.
Krimson, I don't think people are going to buy expensive games for others. Probably aim for something worth less than $10-15 if you're going to put games on your steam wishlist?

I'm down with anything, but I know me saying that is hairpulling for those looking to gift so I'll say that any fanart is appreciated, no matter how good or bad YOU think it might be (I appreciate anything! :D )

But if you're up something else, I'm down to party. XD
I honestly appreciate anything.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Really wanna hop in on this. I'm worried I won't have a lot of time to put into my gift but I'll try my best. So send me in, coach.

Things I would like (in order of preference but i'm not picky)
♢ The top of my wishlist is a short little horror game. Even if it's like 10 seconds long. Bonus points if you make it in vx ace or 2k3.
♢ I'll also take a christmas-y game or a shitpost game if you don't wanna make a horror game. Heck maybe you'll find a way to combine all three, that'd be pretty funny.
♢ If you go down the Steam game route, the only thing I ask is to check if the game is steam deck compatible. My wishlist is set to private but if you just pick out a cheap horror/walking sim/platformer game you think I'd enjoy then that's fine.
♢ Art (If you go down this route I'd prefer to see something inspired by the aesthetic of one of my games rather than fanart)
♢ Anything I wouldn't expect would be pretty cool tbh. If you have any ideas that I haven't listed, then go for it!

Things I would prefer not to get
♢ Reviews. (But if you go for a review, then one for Red Tide would be my top choice.)
♢ Music or assets.
♢ Let's plays. (Again, Red Tide would be my top choice if you go for this.)

Please, absolutely not
♢ I'm fairly sure it's already in the rules and no one would do it anyway but pls, no AI art.
♢ My friend Josh's browsing history. How did you even find this in the first place. Please stop stalking my friends.
Not gonna miss it this time!! I'm in!

Things I'd be happy to receive:
- Artworks of Reeruro (the female spirit character in my avatar) [references: one, two, three, four]
- Fun, funny, and/or silly games made for me (up to you on what to make :P) *please try to avoid using MV/MZ, if you can... but if you have no choice to then go ahead
- Games you make NOT specifically for me, but you put a cameo of me and/or Reeruro in it (especially if the cameo is funny :P... but doesn't have to be). It can be a special edition of your game or you can really literally officially put me or my characters in your game for good. *again please try to avoid using MV/MZ if you can
- Fan art of my award-winning awesome game: stuff: my 1st projet and ONLY this game :P
- Fan art of Tales of Destiny 1 & 2
- Music or tunes composed for me :O *Never asked for something like this before, so I'm rather curious what happens
- Asset-ey stuff or scripts I can use for VX Ace, made for me
- stuff (nobody knows what stuff means)

**Note: I took down the postal mail stuff because maybe nobody here would do it and I wanted to simplify things, but if anyone still wants to mail any Christmas surprises or hand-drawn fan art to me via the post office, my address details are on this page and this page. Just do it as an extra instead of as the Secret Santa present.

**Note #2: Also took down the Discord Nitro things and the Discord, Steam, Instagram, Etsy, YouTube, etc. followers and friending stuff because in the end those are kinda lame gifts compared to all the stuff from the list. I'd rather if you want to give me surprise friend requests and following count as a gift, you do that as an extra happy surprise for me in addition to your Secret Santa gift, and not as the present. You can find all my account usernames and details in the "Contact and Links" section on this page.

I pretty much appreciate almost anything, so if you have something that's not on the list and would like to try, maybe that could be interesting :D (Just please no reviews at this time.)
I really want to join, but I'm kind of scared to. I don't know if what I could provide would be a good enough gift, and I'm worried that people who get me would be disappointed since maybe I'm not well known enough? I'm just self conscious I guess.

EDIT: You know what, no. I'm doing this. I need to get out more and connect with people, it would be good to do something for someone other than myself. I guess that means I should list some preferences, yeah?

I guess I'm really fine with anything honestly. If I had to say what I'd be most happy with, I dunno. Fan Art of like a character from one of my games would be really awesome. A review would be cool too. Other than that, it really doesn't matter, I kind of just want to do this to participate.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I won't miss one. I'm signing up.

I'm happy with most anything. Graphics, music, a game, an art...I am going to refuse reviews, again, though, for the second year in a row.

Also, if you prefer, Steam Wishlist. Last year, I put a bunch of cheap games on it. They're all still there.
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
author=Liberty
Krimson, I don't think people are going to buy expensive games for others. Probably aim for something worth less than $10-15 if you're going to put games on your steam wishlist?

I'm down with anything, but I know me saying that is hairpulling for those looking to gift so I'll say that any fanart is appreciated, no matter how good or bad YOU think it might be (I appreciate anything! :D )

But if you're up something else, I'm down to party. XD
I honestly appreciate anything.

I understand people aren't willing to pay a ton of money for a game. I far more expect a review and/or fanart than a game purchase. The steam stuff is only for a last resort if nothing else can be done in time. However, this is the season of the steam winter sale so most games go massively down in price during this period of time. Secondly, plenty of games on my wishlist are not that expensive and are within the $15 or less range. There's just a lot of expensive games also on there because my steam wishlist is primarily for me to track what games I'm interested in. Since you can't have multiple wishlists, I can't have a second wishlist specificly for this event and fully fill it with inexpensive games. As for the art, other kinds of art are good as well. I was just stating what I would prefer in terms of art, not a definite thing.

Edit: Also I never said the fanart had to be "of quality." Any fanart is good as it's the thought that counts, not artistic skill.

Edit 2: Lol you spelled my username wrong in the first post.
Sign me up coach.

I'm fine with pretty much anything so do whatever comes to mind. Fanart, fangame, review, etc.

Some ideas/imagination fuel: if you like sci-fi do something involving spaceships or characters or whatever from Light of Icarus.

If comedy fantasy is your thing maybe something from Legends of Perren: Task of Malice, involving Malice on her vacation post game. (Malice is a recurring character and shows up in a side adventure I made for RMN's 15th bday https://rpgmaker.net/events/bday22/ )

If something more serious is your thing, Ár-íshkiykára Stories, Last of Winter is def a contender. (Its also one of the last things I made in Visual Novel Maker, only doing some systems stuff for peeps...after fighting with the engine to do some basic stuff and constantly losing variables/data in fairly simple systems due to engine bugs/limitations/crashes I've long since sworn it off.)
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Sign me up! I'm looking forward to being part of yet another yearly Secret Santa! :D

What I'd like:
-Fanart
-Fangame
-Or anything cool that comes to your mind!
*I like tanks and jets and military stuff in general if you are lacking for ideas, fanart for any of my games would also be neat.

What I'd rather not like:
-No more reviews for Temple of Memories please, it already has more of those than it deserves
-Let's plays

If all else fails:
-My Steam Wishlist is here, don't shill out any big bucks, if you have to go for a steam gift, make it a cheap one at least. And as I said, only go for this route if all else fails, but if you have to go this route, no need to apologize, we all have busy lives!
Sign-ups closed. Wow, this is the smallest year yet. >.<;
Feels like it's been a rough year for a lot of people. I know it has been for me. Maybe a lot of people are just not looking to take on any additional stress right now?
yeah, I get that.

Sending out PMs now.

Done! All Secret Santa PMs have been sent. >.<)b
HECK I missed the signup cutoff again >.<

I guess I'll sign up to be an elf if needed?
Appreciated, Zeuzio! Also hi, long time no see! <3
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Friendly reminder: Secret Santa is due tomorrow-ish!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Merry Christmas Secret Santas!
And... sent!

Check under your Christmas PMs to see if Secretive Santa left you anything!
Pages: first 123 next last