WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
2k3 is legit now? Wow. I should, uh, not work on rm games again. Derp!
Ok, this'll give me something to dabble with in the future. Damn it all.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Liberty
I am totes not a fake.

>.>
<.<
:DDDD

Well obviously I believe that.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Was farting around with my brother's mic with the intention of recording a few things in the future perhaps, when I decided to make this a thing.

I've also heard Corfeesus.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Corfaisus

Corfeces.

I'm sorry that's the first thing that popped into my head.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Kentona's kids are good painters :)

Arguing about free will is silly because if it doesn't exist then you can't do anything about it anyway! So it's nothing to worry about!!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Seiromem
author=Corfaisus
Corfeces.

More like "pooped into my head". :3
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Corfaisus
author=Seiromem
author=Corfaisus
Corfeces.

More like "pooped into my head". :3

Well isn't that shitty...
nhubi
author=slash

Arguing about free will is silly because if it doesn't exist then you can't do anything about it anyway! So it's nothing to worry about!!

I don't believe we were arguing (well I wasn't), more discussing advertising's effects and the perception of choice.
Corfaisus
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=nhubi
author=slash

I don't believe we were arguing (well I wasn't), more discussing advertising's effects and the perception of choice.

Oh, my bad, I wasn't pointing at anyone in particular, really. The original IRC chat was more of an argument, haha. I always try my best not to worry about stuff I can't influence :P

My two cents: I think advertising (and most media influence) is more subtle than just doing something someone tells you to do. A TV ad isn't going to easily convince you to buy Coke if you hate the taste of Coke, but it can probably put you in the mood for it if you do like the taste. Still, there have been some very sinister advertising plots - such as De Beers shaping the culture of diamond wedding rings we know today - that were long, slow, and clever.
nhubi
Yes the long game is much harder to spot because it becomes part of the culture, like with DeBeers, or even Coke latching on to and then actively promoting some of the traditional colours of Santa. Most companies can't be bothered putting in that much work for that long however.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Another great example would be Listerine. Before Listerine, there was no such thing as mouthwash, because no one had ever thought of trying to make their breath smell better. The concept that "bad breath" was actually bad and not just the unavoidable human state was something that the Listerine company literally invented. They invented a medical name for it: halitosis. They literally convinced the entire world that they had a disease, and then sold the cure for it. And it worked! Today bad breath is totally considered a terrible thing, and even toothpaste is designed to prevent it.

Imagine if a company, today, started selling and promoting a new product that made your underarm sweat smell nice. It would be like that.

The thing is, most of those really good "long con" examples of advertising would be impossible today. Not because we have more information or anything like that; it's just that the corporate market has shifted such that no one expects to work at a single company for more than five years or so. So why would you possibly care about anything that happens to the company more than a few years from now? Any plan that sacrifices a company's long-term success to gain short-term profits is beneficial to almost everyone working there, and is therefore what they will enact. There are exceptions, companies that break the mold, but for large corporations that is overwhelmingly the general rule.
What about bottled water? Convincing everyone that any and all tap water is bad for you. (certainly not all is good for you, but in many places it is.) Well, that's also already in effect ..
Then there's this daily shower thing, for first soaps a weekly wash has been recommended.
Deodorant? I don't use any. Nobody notices, nobody cares. And my boyfriend likes it, hah. Nor scented toothpastes or products.

I had to skip many products and could start wondering why I have been using them in the first place. It's quite fascinating.
Bad for you? No. Tastes better? Definitely.

(Some idiot on YT tried to tell me that bottled water tastes the exact same as tap water. lol nope)
All water tastes inherently different. Water is awesome! And everyone has a different preference.
Some bottled water tastes like crap to the tap water I have here. Others is really good. Even if others then dislike that brand.
But If I can drink and enjoy my tap water (and it's a good quality one), then I don't see any reason to stop doing that.
nhubi
Bottled water on the very odd occasions I've ever had no choice but to drink tastes flat to me. Tap water is more than fine and I drink litres of it everyday. I couldn't imagine buying that in a store. At restaurants whenever they offer 'sparkling, still or tap' it's tap. Australia has some pretty good stats when it comes to water quality, though Germany beats us hands down so I can see where Kylaila is coming from.

Never used a mouthwash, toothpaste of course but not Listerine or any of its ilk. But I'm big on the daily shower/bath, sometimes more than one depending on what I did that day. Then again I don't use soap so that makes a difference I imagine.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Water is disgusting, who even drinks that stuff.

Some bottled water is tap water. Pepsi for example literaly just holds their empty bottles under a faucet until they're full and then seals them shut. If it tastes different from your tap water it's because you don't live in the same city as their bottling plant. The more expensive stuff is from melted glaciers and shit though.
nhubi
author=LockeZ

Thank you W.C. LockeZ.xD

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=LockeZ

People who'd like to still have their kidney's when they're 45.
Corfaisus

I made another thing you guys.